Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Hubert

Reaction score
For me, my issue in the new movie wasn't so much the overuse of the K&P relationship, but more the fact that I feel like in recent years it has evolved from a lady pig in love with an unstable green frog into an ongoing melodrama. My problem is that I feel like the whole relationship lost a bit of it's original zing and has been morphed into something much more, say, serious. That's not to say that I think it used to be a joke, but I just feel like it has evolved into a way over recent years (and not just in this movie, either) that I feel could have been taken in a bit different route.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Nothing stays the same forever. :stick_out_tongue: Honestly and not even cause I am hardcore fan I was happy with the way they addressed the Kermit & Piggy relationship you really got to see the problems they were having.

Now as a Kermit & Piggy fan of course I love the new approach that Kermit has taken even outside the film. But I can understand why some people feel the way they do. I am very interested to see how it will develop further in the new film. I don't think it'll be as serious as the previous but I'm sure it will have it's serious moments. But more then that I BETTER GET A LOVE SONG!!! Rainbow Connection didn't count!!! :mad:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Anyone else not psyched about new Muppets? You can't create characters unless you're a performer. Sorry, but I'm sticking to that.

Obviously, I'm psyched there's a second film, but I wish they were doing something more original than doing what sounds like a tribute to the Great Muppet Caper.

Hubert

Reaction score
Eh...I'm still not on the bandwagon that they are doing a tribute to GMC...I feel like a lot of that is over-speculation to what many fans may want to see than what is actually happening. Sure, some feel of it might be a tad the same, but I feel like Bobin, Stoller, & company are smart enough to avoid taking that route.

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
What
Anyone else not psyched about new Muppets? You can't create characters unless you're a performer. Sorry, but I'm sticking to that. .
What are you even talking about? Miss. Piggy went through two different performers in the first season. Elmo went through several. Big Bird and Oscar where created before Carol came along. Most every character in The Muppet Show was thought of first, built, given a personality, and then lastly given a performer. Stop this nonsense...

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
Some of you are just blowing smoke out of your butt for no reason. You are given the vaguest of vague ideas and all of a sudden, "NOPE!! I DON'T LIKE THAT!!!" Really? Get a grip. You don't even have an official synopsis from Disney. Stop acting like you are the only person who knows what this franchise should do when you have no idea. Disney had a great critical, fan, award winning, and audience success with the last film using most of the same team. Stop showboating and trying to look like the biggest (and most pretentious fan) and remember that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Some people seriously need to calm down over this film. I'm just saying.