Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I just saw this article too. I don't know how true it is that there is now definitely a sequel is in the works (I would think it is most likely is though considering how well the movie did) and if they're going on without Jason Segel, but I feel a little less uneasy about that idea if Nicholas Stoller and James Bobin are still involved - which this article seems to confirm that they are.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I hope the part about Segel not being in it is not true. I hope he's a screenwriter (but not an actor, otherwise they'd have to make a sequel). BUT THEY CAN'T KICK HIM OUT! HE SAVED THE MUPPETS!

Alvin

Reaction score
HOLY MUPPETS!!! YES!!! Although I won't truly believe it til reliable sources tell us different. AND I PRAY TO GOD...Jason has something to do with it....he's been our man in hollywood. But at least there is at least a rumor or a new movie...always good I guess.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What I was hoping for was for Jason to write the script and everything, which has NOTHING to do with the last one. for obvious reasons he can't star in it. But still I feel happy having him on board, you need a Muppet guy to be in charge of these kinds of things. But Disney kicked him off? Unbelivable.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
What I was hoping for was for Jason to write the script and everything, which has NOTHING to do with the last one. for obvious reasons he can't star in it. But still I feel happy having him on board, you need a Muppet guy to be in charge of these kinds of things.
If it's true, there'll still be Nick Stoller and James Bobin; they're big fans too. I believe it was James Bobin's idea to bring the more obscure, lesser known muppets back in the movie (Thog, Wayne & Wayne, etc). But I do agree, Jason should be involved.

Alvin

Reaction score
After all the hype and the excitement and how much of a Muppet fan he is...I just don't see why he would not be involved. I mean almost every interview I see of him...he mentions something about puppets or the Muppets.