"The Muppets": One Year Later

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I just remember that excitement. Sitting in the theater at the midnight release with other fellow fans was just amazing. I can't wait to relive that excitement all over again when he next movie comes out.

Dearth

Reaction score
How odd... I had no idea today was the one-year anniversary.

But for some intuitive reason, I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately, and Thanksgiving yesterday put me in a mood to see the Blu-Ray again.

So far since last night I have watched the movie 1.5 times, the commentary track in its entirety (love how Segel predicts Man or Muppet would win the Oscar), all of the bonus features, some of the Easter eggs, and even put the English Descriptive Services track on just to see what that was like. (Is it insensitive of them to describe Amy Adams as 'a redhead' to sightless people? I always try to avoid color descriptions myself.)

In fact, I just deactivated the intermission feature so I could freeze certain frames and study them, like comparing Mary's handwritten list of LA objectives to Gary's, or see who all I could make out on the Key Demographic Analysis of Top 100 Things in Popular Culture.

Alex

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's one thing I've been thinking about, and I also saw this brought up on the toughpigs forum (after I thought about it), but although the Muppets seem to be bigger now because of the movie, most of the stuff that the Muppets have done since the movie has been promotion for the blu-ray release. The biggest Muppet appearances that weren't promotions for the movie or blu-ray release have been the Jim Henson's Musical World event and the Canadian "Just for Laughs" special, one of which won't be broadcast in America and another that won't get an official release at all.

While there seems to have been more Muppet merchandise in the last year than there'd been since Disney bought the characters, it still seems small, and a lot of it is stuff I haven't seen in person (not just the Disney Store/theme park exclusives). I've seen the books that came out when the movie did, but since then the only books I've seen in person are the Tales of a Sixth Grade Muppet sequels and many of the Marvel comic reprints. I have seen certain Muppet clothing items (especially Kermit and Animal hats), and some plush, beanies, and puppets at Toys R Us. The Muppet Christmas Carol was recently released on blu-ray, but aside from that there haven't been any new DVD or blu-ray releases of the Muppets past productions this year (hopefully the reliable source who said Disney wants to release the next season is more than correct, and hopefully we'll also get some non-movie/non-TMS DVD releases as well).

Hopefully the "All I Need is Love" music video will be great. I wasn't too impressed by the song, but that doesn't mean the music video will be unimpressive. I'm hoping it has lots and lots of characters.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Is it weird as many times as I've seen this movie I still cry at the same parts?
Me too! I also loved Kermit's speech close to the end of the movie and that still got me a little teary eyed. The bloopers... oh my gosh I really laughed out loud, but the sad thing is I don't have a blu-ray player to use the blu-ray for this movie and have more features. Oh well, it was great to see it again. I might watch it again or more every day... maybe. Oh yeah, plus watch the thrid classic Muppet movie again as well.

RC1979

Reaction score
A year later. Hard to belive that The Muppets came out a year ago. I didn't have the time to watch my dvd of it though. I had just bought a dvd for "A muppet christmas letters to santa" through a long time in a store on black friday.