Weird place to find Muppet Stuff

Mark Johns

Reaction score
Went to local Antique World this morning and scored a small Boober figure, a Small stuffed Kermit from The Muppets Wizard of Oz and a big Kermit plush from 2003. By far not my best score of the year but still happy with my haul.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I bought a used, once-upon-a-time library copy of Sesame Street: A Celebration of 40 Years of Life on the Street online a while ago, and dear me, it seems to have LEGITIMATE autographs from Kevin Clash, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, and Fran Brill. I got this thing for four dollars!! If they are legitimate signatures, which they really do seem to be from what I've found, I am one lucky duck!

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I go to thrift stores often, and I tend to find a lot of Sesame plushies on almost every trip, though I don't often buy them.

In recent months, I have picked up two Kermit plushies - A medium sized Nanco Kermit, and (surprisngly) a Disney Store Kermit in like-new condition! :smile: In the summer, sometime after I bought my Nanco Kermit, I found a very big Nanco Kermit for (If I remember correctly) $8, though I didn't buy it because of the permanent marker marks on his eyes and tounge.

Muppet/Sesame videos are quite common, too - About a week ago, I found Muppet Babies Video Storybook Vol. 1, and sometime in the beginning of the year, I picked up Sesame Street Beginnings: Talk, Read, Write, which was part of some parential educational kit, I believe.

I also saw a Muppets Jack-in-the-box a while ago, but I didn't buy it because it was pretty beat up. It looked like it was from the 2000s.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Weird places to find Muppet Stuff?...

Tupperware Parties. Not that i know of anyone who's found Muppet stuff at Tupperware Parties, mind you, but it would be a weird place to find Muppet Stuff. But then Tupperware Parties are weird in general. Do people still have Tupperware Parties? Do Tea Party members attend Tupperware Parties or are they enemy factions?

Finding Muppets at a hole-in-the-wall plce might be weird but maybe more appropos for finding Fraggle stuff.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I think this one takes the cake...
If anyone in the Rhode Island area knows of a place called Jullian's... check out their bathroom. Last Christmas, they had a tv with A Muppet Christmas Carol playing on repeat. On the wall, among Star Wars figures, are Muppet PEZ dispensers.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I think this one takes the cake...
If anyone in the Rhode Island area knows of a place called Jullian's... check out their bathroom. Last Christmas, they had a tv with A Muppet Christmas Carol playing on repeat. On the wall, among Star Wars figures, are Muppet PEZ dispensers.
This is definitely worth an adventure to Rhode Island. Or at least a rethinking on my bathroom decor this holiday season.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow. That is just terrific, Muppetboy. Even brand new ones when they first came out had a price exceeding that. Wow.

Good call on buying that one, I'd have done the same, even if I already have one.