1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Weird place to find Muppet Stuff

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Friskies, May 25, 2012.

1. Friskies Member

I figured out of anyplace, you guys would greatly appreciate my find.

While wondering through Goodwill I passed by the plushie section and out of the corner of my eye was a Fraggle. I squealed in excitement and grabbed it, running to my sister and was like "ghdkfss look! It's a fraggle! Such a weird find!" and she just gave me this look like "*** is a fraggle?". So anyways, I bought it.

The next day I was running through goodwill and in the kids toys section I found a Janice plush. But I was by myself so I inwardly squealed in excitement. I love finding random stuff like that in unexpected places.

Soooo I can't be the only person out there who stumbled upon muppet merch at goodwill, or garage sales? Anything?
    MuppetLuver2000 and panmanthe2nd like this.
  2. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Well, I found a Muppet lunch box from like 1978 at my local flea market. It was outrageously priced, but, still, I was so happy! :)
  3. galagr Well-Known Member

I found a Dr. Phil Van Neuter action figure at a garage sale for seven bucks. Bought it happily. :) I also had a similar incident involving a fraggle plush at a local thrift store.
  4. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

good will i found a kermit also lol
  5. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I got a giant baby kermit at a flea market and a Happiness Hotel Bus Mcdonalds cup at a yard sale.

I was also recently given the Muppet Movie album on vinyl. Not sure how well it works, I don't have a record player
  6. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

My wife found me the whole collection of Great Muppet Caper glasses at oodwill...took us awhile to find all the glasses but it was fun to go around looking for them..the one with Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie in the baloon is the one we see the most with the Electric Mayhem BUs been the one we had the hardest time finding
  7. Mark Johns Member

I found the Kermit phone from 1978. The one with the faux wooden base. I have seen it on Ebay for around $75-$125. I got it for $20. Maybe my prized Muppet item out of a few hundred Muppet collectibles.
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  8. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Man! I need to go to a flea market or something! Lol!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  9. Mark Johns Member

It's amazing what you can find at flea markets/yard sales
  10. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

funny story im selling most of my muppet stuff at flea markets...wonder if any of you in MA are buying stuff from me haha
  11. Mark Johns Member

I'm in Buffalo. The first Sunday of every month there is this huge flea market/yard sale in the sticks that my wife and I go to. I have had some amazing finds over the years but the Kermit phone I found last month is by far the best.
    panmanthe2nd and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  12. Tomservo95 Member

i found a sigma waldorf bookend in perfect mint condition for 7 dollars at an antique store. the lady didnt even know it was a muppet item. :)
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  13. Mark Johns Member

I never thought about looking at antique shops. I think that might make me feel old. lol
  14. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Pshh I am old so...Lol!
  15. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yard sales and garage sales are an awesome place to get Muppet stuff. I got my copy of My Life as a Furry Red Monster at a yard sale for $1, and I've also gotten some other Muppet toys I can't think of off the top of my head. One time my friend gave me a 1979 Kermit stocking hanger she found and bought for me at a yard sale of some sort. I guess it was marked $25 but she thought it was marked 25 cents so when she took it up the woman let her have it for that anyway.
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Not really a yard sale but I know last month I went to Pennsylvania with my mom and some people from our church and we stopped at this HUGE country buffet restuarant and they had this really, really, nice sized old country gift shop downstairs well low and behold as soon as I walked down I saw the Jim Shores Muppets figurines...and they had a bunch of other Disney figurines but it was just kind of odd to see Muppets in a country gift shop. I ALMOST bought the Kermit figurine but didnt really have the money and didn't feel like carrying it with me all day. So there ya go you really do find them in the places you least expect too!
  17. Hubert Well-Known Member

Where was it in Pennsylvania?
  18. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Lancaster, we went to Sights & Sounds to see Jonah.
  19. Hubert Well-Known Member

Cool...I usually go to Lancaster each year...I'll have to check it out when I'm there.
  20. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The restaurant is called Shady Maple Smorgasboard
    panmanthe2nd likes this.