1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Weird place to find Muppet Stuff

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Friskies, May 25, 2012.

1. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

I went to a really crappy swap meet last month and the whole time me and my parents complained about how there was nothing good. then as soon as we started walking out i saw a table of old toys and there was happy meal gobo staring at me. I was got him for 50 cents. That same day we went to 2 other antique stores and at one i got happy meal mokey and under 3 happy meal gobo for 99 cents. At the other i got a GMC mcdonalds glass for 7 bucks.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Didn't see any Muppet finds today although that's probably cause I was expecting to find something. Lol. :p
    Tomservo95 likes this.
  3. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

4. beakerslover812

beakerslover812 New Member

Once I went in this weird indoor flea market (place scared the bajeezus out of me) and found a stand with TONS of old stuffed animals (seriously, i was going crazy) i walked out with a gonzo and fozzie muppet babies plush, as well as a small tourist-looking kermit (not sure really when it's from, i should probably look it up.) i also bought a stuffed purple honker, which is really awesome because the tag says grover :) :):o:concern:
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Surprise finds really are the best. :D
    Bob Smith likes this.
  6. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

In the pre-Palisades days, my collection was very Big Bird-heavy (before other Muppets became so represented). My collecting instincts were so finetuned that I could instantly recognise Big Bird's legs among the clutter of plush toys in thrift shops.
    MuppetGuy75 likes this.
  7. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

You can find all kinds of good stuff at Goodwill. I walked in one of them about a year ago and there sitting with the toys was a vintage Fisher Price Kermit plush in mint condition! Of course, I already had one but it just broke my heart to see him sitting there with no home... so I bought him! HA!! I'm really glad I did too because the one I have was made in 1976 and this one was dated 1978.... his collar and the bottom of his flippers were made with a different material than my original! Pretty cool find! :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. catherine

catherine Active Member

gosh you lot get all the fun, over there. Wish we had things like that, where I live, we do carboots sometimes but never find anything to do with the muppets.
  9. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

We sell Muppet Pez dispensers at the fabric store where I work. Bizarre...
  10. Pinkflower7783

Haha Kermit said that's the weirdest merchaindise he's seen himself has. Lol
    beatnikchick300 likes this.
  11. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

Went to local Antique World this morning and scored a small Boober figure, a Small stuffed Kermit from The Muppets Wizard of Oz and a big Kermit plush from 2003. By far not my best score of the year but still happy with my haul.
  12. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I bought a used, once-upon-a-time library copy of Sesame Street: A Celebration of 40 Years of Life on the Street online a while ago, and dear me, it seems to have LEGITIMATE autographs from Kevin Clash, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, and Fran Brill. I got this thing for four dollars!! If they are legitimate signatures, which they really do seem to be from what I've found, I am one lucky duck!
    BobThePizzaBoy and SuperGzilla12 like this.
  13. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I go to thrift stores often, and I tend to find a lot of Sesame plushies on almost every trip, though I don't often buy them.

In recent months, I have picked up two Kermit plushies - A medium sized Nanco Kermit, and (surprisngly) a Disney Store Kermit in like-new condition! :) In the summer, sometime after I bought my Nanco Kermit, I found a very big Nanco Kermit for (If I remember correctly) $8, though I didn't buy it because of the permanent marker marks on his eyes and tounge.

Muppet/Sesame videos are quite common, too - About a week ago, I found Muppet Babies Video Storybook Vol. 1, and sometime in the beginning of the year, I picked up Sesame Street Beginnings: Talk, Read, Write, which was part of some parential educational kit, I believe.

I also saw a Muppets Jack-in-the-box a while ago, but I didn't buy it because it was pretty beat up. It looked like it was from the 2000s.
  14. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Weird places to find Muppet Stuff?...

Tupperware Parties. Not that i know of anyone who's found Muppet stuff at Tupperware Parties, mind you, but it would be a weird place to find Muppet Stuff. But then Tupperware Parties are weird in general. Do people still have Tupperware Parties? Do Tea Party members attend Tupperware Parties or are they enemy factions?

Finding Muppets at a hole-in-the-wall plce might be weird but maybe more appropos for finding Fraggle stuff.
  15. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

16. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I think this one takes the cake...
    If anyone in the Rhode Island area knows of a place called Jullian's... check out their bathroom. Last Christmas, they had a tv with A Muppet Christmas Carol playing on repeat. On the wall, among Star Wars figures, are Muppet PEZ dispensers.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  17. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

This is definitely worth an adventure to Rhode Island. Or at least a rethinking on my bathroom decor this holiday season.
    CoOKiE likes this.
  18. At a goodwill i found a baby rowlf. Of corse i bought it. It was a great find.
  19. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I just went to a local record store, looking for some LP's, and found a "Muppets Lab" playset unopened for only $30. Of course I purchased it right away, seeing some of the prices on ebay going up to $200!
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow. That is just terrific, Muppetboy. Even brand new ones when they first came out had a price exceeding that. Wow.

Good call on buying that one, I'd have done the same, even if I already have one.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.