1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Weird place to find Muppet Stuff

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Friskies, May 25, 2012.

1. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Does the Swedish Chef work there?
    Pinkflower7783 and galagr like this.
  2. Hubert Well-Known Member

If he did, then I'm definitely going there.
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

LOL! Thank goodness no he does not work there!!! XD
  4. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Me too!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  5. Hubert Well-Known Member

It's not an extremely weird place, but since it's sorta along the line of yard sales and stuff (yet not), I got this little guy at a local collectible store for 5 bucks:
    [IMG]
    It's from 1979, made by Corgi International. This is a better picture/and info on it. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I love getting Muppet merch from the 70s, so this has already come in there as one of my favorite pieces.
  6. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I went to a Goodwill store today and was hoping to find some Muppety books or old toys, but the store was Muppet-less. I found some other nice stuff, but nothing Muppety. Perhaps I will start having to check out yard sales.
  7. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I went to the Disney store outlet today. And hardly anything. I saw some animal coffee mugs and a muppets water bottle. Other then that Disney is getting ready for "Brave." :/
  8. Hubert Well-Known Member

Hmph. They need to get more Muppet stuff in Disney stores. I wish I had one close to me. The nearest one I have is like two hours away.
  9. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well when the new movie comes out I'm sure we're gonna be getting a ton of more merchandise then the last film. Unfortunately that won't be till sometime next year. :/
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  10. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

It's funny, I live in New Hampshire, and EVERYTHING is close by to me. Disney, Target, you name it! :)
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  11. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Same here.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

Five yard sales, almost nothing Muppety. All I found was a few Sesame toys that I had no interest in. :sigh:
  13. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Probably cause now were going to yard sales and expecting to find things. We need to think the opposite way so we'll see things when we least expect it. Lol!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  14. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That's exactly my mentality! :)
  15. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Sometimes surprise finds really are the best. I don't know if this is a wierd place to find Muppets but it was to me. I went with my husband to a used bookstore in our area yesterday. He likes to go there and trade books... anyways so I'm standing near the front of the store waiting for him to finish looking and I look over on one of the shelves and guess what was staring at me in the face?!!
    [IMG]
    I never would've thought of finding anything Muppets in a used bookstore!!! Needless to say it was all I could do to not start screaming and possibly get kicked out of the store. Lol! Talk about it was meant to be!!! I definitely believe in when your not expecting to find things is when you will find them! To me this was a treasure find because I had been wanting this book for awhile!!! :)
  16. Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I remember once owning a toy that looked exactly like this! Only it was much newer. I think it might have been one of my birthdays or Christmas when I got a bunch of Palisades Muppet Show figures, a few Muppet Christmas Carol figurines, a number of Sababa Muppet dolls (a box set of the main cast and a Vets Hospital set) and that one Muppet Show CD... I know I'm going off topic here but I also have a couple other Sababa Muppet things, a Red Fraggle doll (missing the shirt) which I got from MuppetVision 3D's gift shop at WDW, and an old Kermit puppet, dated 2003, which unfortunately got a bit chewed up by my dogs. He's still useable though.
  17. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That's awesome you found that in a used bookstore. I've looked in a few places like that for Muppets stuff, and haven't found too much yet, but they are still fun places to look. My town's library has a big used book sale on the green in the middle of September, and I'm hoping to score some cool stuff then.
  18. Hubert Well-Known Member

I was really disappointed that my church's annual flea market didn't have much of anything in the way of Muppet stuff this year. Usually I was able to at least pick up a Fraggle Rock storybook or something...
  19. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I was really blown away I mean I wasnt even there looking for anything haha it was a big surprise but a welcomed one! It was like Kermit was saying "I'm here take me home." Lol!
    heralde and charlietheowl like this.
  20. meepmuppaphones Active Member

I know someone who got a set of Palisades Muppets just for $50 at his friend's yard sale! All MIB, too. The list of figures in the set is:
    Kermit
    Bunsen
    Beaker and MuppetLabs
    Miss Piggy
    Fozzie
    Purple Tux Gonzo
    Zoot
    Zoot Variant
    Statler
    Waldorf
    Jonny Fiama
    Beauregard