Little things we've noticed

cjd874

Reaction score
I noticed that at the end of Kris Kristofferson's first number on the Muppet Show, Animal is thrashing his drum kit so hard that the cymbals fall off the stands! As a drummer, I know that this is physically impossible, so that scene made me laugh. The same thing happens in the 1974 "Sex and Violence" pilot when Dr. Teeth & the EM play "Love Ya to Death." Mind you, we don't SEE Animal's cymbals fall, but the camera pans out to show Animal staring in shock at where they should have been. hahahah

Auberoun

Reaction score
I noticed that at the end of Kris Kristofferson's first number on the Muppet Show, Animal is thrashing his drum kit so hard that the cymbals fall off the stands! As a drummer, I know that this is physically impossible, so that scene made me laugh. The same thing happens in the 1974 "Sex and Violence" pilot when Dr. Teeth & the EM play "Love Ya to Death." Mind you, we don't SEE Animal's cymbals fall, but the camera pans out to show Animal staring in shock at where they should have been. hahahah
Having played several years myself, I can only remember one time when I was playing hard enough to knock a cymbal down in the sleeve. (but it was still attached to the stand.) And, it was a total fluke, since I didn't have the wingnut tight enough it slowly worked its way down from the rocking of the set, and me hitting it. LOL. Good call. I love how many musical jokes are in TMS, you just have to look for them.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Watching the Pearl Bailey episode of the Muppet Show, I just noticed how very strangely energetic Zoot seems during the "My Soul is a Witness" number. Hmm...

Hubert

Reaction score
I guess gospel songs wake up the souls of even sleepy, passive musicians? :cool:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Two things I just noticed re-watching The Muppets:

When Walter wakes up from his nightmare, and Gary exposits that he's drenched in sweat, there is actually a wet spot on his pillow.

The subtitles credit Jerry Nelson's Veterinarian's Hospital and Pigs in Space announcements to Bob Hope.

cjd874

Reaction score
The subtitles credit Jerry Nelson's Veterinarian's Hospital and Pigs in Space announcements to Bob Hope.
:oops: OOPS. Do you mean foreign language subtitles or the credits? I don't see how subtitles could give Bob the credit instead of Jerry. :embarrassed:

snichols1973

Reaction score
:oops: OOPS. Do you mean foreign language subtitles or the credits? I don't see how subtitles could give Bob the credit instead of Jerry. :embarrassed:
During the English CC subtitles, the following sound clip sequence occurs:

:smile:: It's the Muppet show, with our special guest star, Mr. Bob Hope!
[Jerry Nelson in background mistakenly credited as Bob Hope]: Time once again for Veterinarian's Hospital, the continuing story of....
[background voice continues]: And now, Pigs In Spa-a-ce!

One of the clips featured Bob Hope as the Muppets' guest, and from there the vocal credit details just seemed to accidentally overlap, resulting in the mix-up......

cjd874

Reaction score
During the English CC subtitles, the following sound clip sequence occurs:

:smile:: It's the Muppet show, with our special guest star, Mr. Bob Hope!
[Jerry Nelson in background mistakenly credited as Bob Hope]: Time once again for Veterinarian's Hospital, the continuing story of....
[background voice continues]: And now, Pigs In Spa-a-ce!

One of the clips featured Bob Hope as the Muppets' guest, and from there the vocal credit details just seemed to accidentally overlap, resulting in the mix-up......
OK, I understand. I have seen The Muppets, but not with subtitles. I was just a bit confused. Thanks for clearing that up!

snichols1973

Reaction score
OK, I understand. I have seen The Muppets, but not with subtitles. I was just a bit confused. Thanks for clearing that up!
P.S. The subtitles are found on the DVD version, not in the theatrical film....