1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Little things we've noticed

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Mary Louise, Feb 16, 2011.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

how often do you watch the muppet valentine show.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I have it taped off Nick@Nite from 1992, and have watched it all these years.

I'm demonstrating how ridiculous people seem when they go as far as to criticize certain performances for "not getting the shape of Kermit's head right."

3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Seriously? I've never heard anyone say that.

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Dig around Facebook and YouTube comments and you will see.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Forget Facebook and YouTube, there's been such comments on this very forum! Mr. Remington is among them, I believe.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  6. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I am sure Inhave made such comments as well and its a valid thing to point out. For example, i do mot like the "smile" that Steve gave Kermit in the later years of his performance. I always found it creepy. I also did not like the "c" shaped face he gave Kermit when Kermit was annoyed. It wasnt quite a "sheesh" face and was oddly rigid.

Of course, these were consistant expressions that he gave Kermit, as opposed to a single mid expression face like is shown above.

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, the differences between the way Steve, Jim, and Matt shaped Kermit's head has never bothered me. However, the way some other performers shape the head can make it look really off. Like, they sometimes make Kermit's head way too flat, which is often how I identify that it's a stand-in performer