My Fozzie Replica (First Attempt)

Slackbot

Reaction score
Say...how'd you get fur that color? That's not too far from the color I was trying to get for the puppet who turned into Shonky because his fur refused to accept dye.

And that's an impressive Fozzie, even if he's big. I look at him and I see Fozzie, rather than a close-but-no-cigar attempt. Great work!

scandell

Reaction score
There is a local shop near me, (very low tech no email or website) that has hundreds of giant rolls of Mongolian furs. When I walk through their shop I think to myself, "fozzie, Grover, cookie, Oscar". It's great. I'd be happy to pick something up for you and ship.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh, wow! I just might take you up on that. What are their prices like?

scandell

Reaction score
Perfect! thanks so much!!! I am getting a prototype of the eye 3d printed! Can you give me a depth measurement in centimeters of the eye? 5x4.5xwhat. I have come this far with precision...I might as well make them perfect!!!

muppetperson

Reaction score
It w as a bit tricky with them glued on, but lining it up, from base to the top of the eye in depth is 1 and 3/4 cm.I also noticed that Fozzie's pupils are not in the middle of the white area.They are placed more over to the nose to give him more focus.

NextJim1225

Reaction score
Whoa. That's pretty amazing. How ever did you obtain this severed head?

scandell

Reaction score
Excellent. So cool. I may have some nose dimensions questions too. I already know even my second attempt nose is too short top to bottom. Although I think yours is a Muppets Take Manhattan era Fozzie and not "the muppet movie" era fozzie that I am going for. Either way the eyes were the same. Hair length and nose were quite different though.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Whoa. That's pretty amazing. How ever did you obtain this severed head?
It is part of a Photo Puppet that I bought at a Memorabilia Auction.He was in a bad shape and falling apart, but has now been restored.