1/2 blood prince, after you are done reading it

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
OK, BEFORE you go and get your self all upset, do not, I repeat DO NOT read this thread if you are currently reading or are planning on reading, or just don’t want to spoil the future movies of Harry Potter and the 1/2 blood Prince. This will contain spoilers im sure, this book is full of them, infact it may be compared to the one in star wars when you find out that Darth Vader is Luke’s father, or when you find out that lea is really Luke’s sister (and for all you who were planning on seeing star wars... umm... sorry about that.... lol) SO im going to post again below about the book, so you have a chance to go back, and not look. Unless your bad and like reading the last chapter first, then I guess it really does not matter

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Now. I just got done reading the book, boy, I thought, it was good. I liked all the random high school like romances (especialy when Harry kisses Ginny!) but, I am a girl, so you guys out there may not have liked it as much.

What did you all think of the ending? what do you think will happen in the next one? do you think he will go to Hogwarts next year?

Like I said above, Star Wars like shocker, Snape killing Dumbledore, Malfoy turning evil... Like in all the past books, it always seemed to be Snapes fault, but in the end it wasnt. So you get all excited and angry at Snape, so you think for once, Rowling will not get you this time, that Snape is good. You trust Dumbledore's judgement. Even when he goes up to the tower with the death eaters, and Snape apears, with dumbledore groveling, you still, think that hes not going to kill him, that he will help Dumbledore, but no.

I thought it was good

MrsPepper

Reaction score
No, I think he'll be out searching for the horcruxes. He should be made an honourary Auror, too. But I don't know if that'll happen.

Now I'm wondering who'll teach DADA? My theory was that Snape would teach it in the last book, and I'm throughly dissapointed that he got to teach it, but so what? He wasn't allowed to teach that position for years and years, and when he finally is, we hear nothing about it. It kind of dissapointed me. Though now I have no idea what to think of Snape. Is it possible that he followed through because of the vow and had to? That stands if you choose to believe he's on DUmbledore's side. But why didn't he do the noble thing and just die then, rather than what actually happened at the end, unless he plays a bigger part in the enxt book? All that speculation is assuming he is on the good side. If he's not then, woo, I don't know what to expect!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
well... that is, IF there is a hogwarts anymore... theres no need for a DADA if there is no students to be taught. maybe there will be 2 more books. You know, one where Hogwarts is on hold till Voldemort is killed, then he will go back to school. I really dont see Hermine not going back and graduating, thats just not her

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yes, but she's also a brave Gryffindor. I think they'd join the Order, or do whatever, and search for the Horcruxes. ha, it's kind of like book 1 all over again, isn't it?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
lol, yeah. Do you think there will only be one more book, or more?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Probably only one more, as Ms. Rowling has been talking about how she'll miss writing the Potter books and how she's almost done, etc.
Plus, if there would have been 8 books, the fans would have known by now.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Unless its a surprise!!! Lol. I dont know, I think It may be one of those things where shes says shes done, but evey one wants an encore, and she does, but not for at least 3-4 years or so

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Wasn't there talk of her doing an eigth book... One that'd be years removed from the first seven, showing a potential adventure with the main trio as adults?
Oh well... Still have to get these last three on the official audio recordings. Read Book 4 alrady, but it'd be better with the official recording.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
Like I said above, Star Wars like shocker, Snape killing Dumbledore, Malfoy turning evil... Like in all the past books, it always seemed to be Snapes fault, but in the end it wasnt. So you get all excited and angry at Snape, so you think for once, Rowling will not get you this time, that Snape is good. You trust Dumbledore's judgement. Even when he goes up to the tower with the death eaters, and Snape apears, with dumbledore groveling, you still, think that hes not going to kill him, that he will help Dumbledore, but no.
I was upset at first, but then I read a whole bunch of livejournal entries on the subject and saw a theory which since has become rather popular, and I find myself believing it:

Snape swore he would protect Draco when Draco did that task he had to do- which, I'm pretty sure, was to kill Dumbledore- and to do the task for him if Draco was unable to. If Snape broke his promise, he'd die.

Many chapters later, Dumbledore took that potion when he and Harry were out adventuring. He knew it would kill him. He even said to Harry something about it keeping him alive only so much longer.

Then back at Hogwarts, Draco is about to do the killing him thing. Dumbledore didn't want Draco to kill him because he didn't want him to have murder on his hands. So when he is pleading to Snape, he is not saying "save me", or "don't kill me", but rather, "kill me."

Why? The Death Eaters had come around then, and if Draco continued to falter, they would have killed him. Thus, he dies, Snape dies. Then the Order is down one potential new recruit (Draco, when Dumbledore was telling him to come to the right side, he started to waver), and down one spy (Snape.) If Snape kills Dumbledore, however, he is doing Draco's task for him, Draco will be off the hook, so Snape will be fulfilling that Unbreakable Vow, and Draco won't be a murderer. And Dumbledore was going to die anyway.

My other thoughts on the book? It was secretly a shipper fanfiction in disguise. This is not necessarily bad.

"'OMG Ginny I just realized how hott ur!'"
"Harry was *ahem* becoming obsessed with Draco..." Heheh.
Ginny dates everyone. Everyone.
Lupin/Tonks? ZUH!!!!???? How I think it really went:
Tonks: Want to go out?
Lupin: No, you're not nearly as interesting now as you were in book five. Now if you'll excuse me... *Grabs shovel and walks out the door*
Tonks: You do realize we never got Sirius' body, right?
Lupin- Oh yeah. *Puts down his copy of Resurrection for Dummies* So... what'd you say about going out?

I have some other thoughts, many of which not suitable for this forum.