1/2 Dome Eyes suppliers?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying about Capital Findings, it's been ages since I was there.

I think the black oval eyes were bought at Designer Fabric in Parkdale a few years ago. They used to sell a variety of sizes.

StephenClark

Reaction score
How I make my eyes

Hello everyone.

In my experience with the ping-pong eyes I have found that I can get a very good outcome following these steps:

1. Cut the ping pong in half (unless you want it whole).
2. Sand it with 600 grit sandpaper so it is nice and smooth.
3. Rinse it off.
4. Spray paint it to any color you like.
5. Using a 1” foam brush, I apply a coat of Minwax water-based polycrylic clear gloss. I check for bubbles at this time. I dab the brush on the bubble and it goes away
6. I sit down and watch an episode of 24, then, after the episode, I apply another coat of the clear gloss.
7. Repeat until you like how shiny it is.

The application process only takes a minute, maybe two. So, I can stop doing something for a few minutes, and apply another coat.

I have found that if I apply about 7 coats, the eyes are very very shiny. I am going to try and paint the pupil on after about 7-10 coats, then add another 7-10 coats to see if it gives a nice effect.

To attach, I follow what advice I found here, glue a piece of foam to the back and then I can attach the eyes very easily.

If I make the dome eyes, I follow the advice I found on puppet-planet. com. That is hook the half eye to a drill and sand and paint it there.

Anyway, that is my two cents. I hope it helps someone.

Stephen