Soul H

Reaction score
Did anybody notice that for the clips:

Jazzy Spies
Number Circus
The Baker
And Pinball Number Count

They never used the number 1?

If I am wrong please feel free to correct me and describe what happened.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
from what i understand they did at 1 time. if you look through past postings it's mentioned and i learned elsewhere they did. don't know why it was stopped. probably they figured 1 was simple so the decided to drop it and focus on the higher numbers.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Actually, there was a 1 for the falling baker sketch.

Among the films, a little boy pulls up his shirt enough to reveal his navel:
one belly button

A man opens a life-size door with a question mark on it to the "moo" of a live head of cattle:
one cow

The baker himself trods the stairs with a multi-tiered pastry with white frosting that he quickly ends up wearing:
one wedding cake

One sketch that did not have a 1 -- the number painter. I think it was 2-11 only

Censored

Reaction score
Yes, there was definitely a 1 Baker Skit, but I don't know about the Jazzy Spies or Pinball. If a 1 skit did exist for those skits, I would love to see them.

BTW, if you think ONE is a lonely number, imagine how ZERO feels. I guess it wouldn't have really worked, a boy at an empty table saying "Zero jellybeans!" Nah.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Actually, there was a 1 for the falling baker sketch.

Among the films, a little boy pulls up his shirt enough to reveal his navel:
one belly button

A man opens a life-size door with a question mark on it to the "moo" of a live head of cattle:
one cow

The baker himself trods the stairs with a multi-tiered pastry with white frosting that he quickly ends up wearing:
one wedding cake

One sketch that did not have a 1 -- the number painter. I think it was 2-11 only
Mikealan mentioned that there was also "One bird".

Does anyone recall any more from "The Baker: (Song of) One"?

dvakman

Reaction score
I don't think there was a #1 Jazzy Racecars/Spies, because #10 includes characters from each of the numbers of the series. There are no characters unaccounted for (all appear in #2-9), so it's unlikely that they did a #1. However, I guess it's remotely possible that #1 didn't have a character or was represented by an object, or just wasn't included in #10 for some reason.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey dvakman... If you could, please elaborate on what these characters were for those of us who don't fully remember that Jazzy/Spies series.

Herre are a few of my fave memories from the Street regarding the number 1.
The joke they made when Patrick Stewart was doing a few spots for Sesame. The number 1 just won't stay in place for the Count to count it. And Patrick utters: "Make it so, #1!"
The song sung by Johnny Cash about the number 1 which involved Big Bird, the Count, and Countess Dahling van Dahling in western outfits.
The animated segment where Hortense bangs on 1 loud drum.
And the episode where Gina and Telly find a female number 1 who doesn't want to be a number 1 any more. Of course, my namesake comes rushing in after hearing of a number in distress. The funny parts of this episode were the number 1 trying to be a banana, and the number 0 rolling in at the end complaining of how he has it worse than 1.

And 1 last 1... The time that the Count brought his bats to show the Number of the Day thinking it was a high number and he'd get to count a lot of his bats. But then he came up with the solution... 1 big bunch of bats!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Soul H said:
Did anybody notice that for the clips:

Jazzy Spies
Number Circus
The Baker
And Pinball Number Count

They never used the number 1?

If I am wrong please feel free to correct me and describe what happened.
Yeah, I've noticed that. When I watched Sesame Street as a kid, they usually used numbers 2-11 or maybe 12 as the number of the day. I guess the #1 sketches are probably pretty old.

dvakman

Reaction score
Hey Count,

I'd be glad to do that for you, except for the fact that it has probably already been done. Do a search of Jazzy Spies or Racecars Spies on this very forum, and you'll get descriptions of many, if not all, of the segments of this animated series. If you still have some gaps, let me know.