10 Items or Less

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, I can't help but feel a little cheated... quite a few months ago I was thinking about how a lot of sitcoms take place in the same kind of settings (family homes, police stations, hospitals, et cetera), and I came up with the idea that there should be a sitcom that takes place in a grocery store; next thing I know a few months later there's a new sitcom on TBS entitled 10 Items or Less, a show that takes place in of all places a grocery store (or a "supermarket" as they say, but then again who says "supermarket" anymore?) I just can't help but feel they kind of "stole" my idea. Oh well.

King Jim

Reaction score
I know how you feel. Once I wanted to make a website and the site name was taken.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe that have EPT and they can read your mind or something?:eek:

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do all living rooms of sitcom houses have the same structure? The door to the kitchen is on the left when you forward on the set, the staircase is always in the back, and the front door always opens up to the living room?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
How could you feel that they stole your idea Snowthy? No offense, but at the same time, they didnt know you thought of the show itself, and maybe when you thought about the show, they were probablly allready shooting the show. But seriously, its kinda crazy you think they stole your idea, and kinda selfish (no offense, but thats my opinion) :zany:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I know how you feel Mr. Snowth, Avril Lavigne stole my idea for a music video :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it's annoying when that happens. But it happens a lot in show business, people have similar ideas. It's good to get a patent on an idea when it comes to you. But at least you can be flattered that your idea was clearly good!

P.S. I hear and say supermarket all the time. ::shrugs::

I imagine most TV sitcom sets are the same because it's easiest to film. But yeah, MuppetMarc, it is funny how most sitcoms homes open into a living room, with no hallway or anything!

Teheheman

Reaction score
How come people think of my ideas before I think of them? But honestly, they should've casted me, I actually work in a grocery store, so who better than me?

Daniel