100 Greatest Kids TV Shows

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nah. It's Muppet related. Since we were talking about how the Muppets are in the list in the first place.

Beauregard

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Bo!! Your avatar is at last Beauregard!! Yay!!
Thanks! I usually keep this one, but have to change it for role-plays...

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Love the blinking!

Anyway - TMS clips included the titles, Rudolph Nureyev and Piggy in the Sauna (certainally not children's TV), a short clip of Piggy with the railway track on her back.

Many of the clips were the set-up lines without the jokes, which was a bit of a problem. Such as "I may be a nurse but a woman first" and that's it. I think the only joke was from Cythia Birdly!

The best bit was probably the Sir Peter Ustinov interview talking about how you would look into the eyes of the puppet and not the manipulator.

I feel I should also point out that this was a UK list.

The Top 3 are all not really children's programs. The Simpsons and the Mupet Show were always written as family shows and Dagermouse is a comedy classic which deserves to be recodnised as as important as Monty Python or the Goodies with the excellent voices of Terry Scott and David Jason.

The list is definately retrospective - compiled by adults looking back and not children of the day.

ceecee

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
I feel I should also point out that this was a UK list.
Yeah, I figured that out after a bit. But at first, I was like "Wha??" Because I haven't heard of many of those. But now it makes sense.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I figured as much that it was a British list when Danger Mouse was listed. The show wasn't that popular stateside to warrent a 50 greatest list over here.