12 Days fo Christmas

agger_rob

Reaction score
I heard the Muppets singing "The 12 Days of Christmas" on the radio today and I could place almost all of the characters singing except for the fourth day. I was wondering if someone could help me. Here's the list of what I came up with.

Day 1 - everyone
2 - Fozzie
3 - Gonzo
4 - ????
5 - Piggy
6 - Scooter
7 - Lew Zealand
8 - Dr. Teeth
9 - Bunsen and Beaker
10 - Sweetums and other monsters
11 - Bearegard
12 - Kermit

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've heard this version, but I think it's Robin. Also, isn't the 8th day sung by Rowlf (who obviously sounds like Dr. Teeth)??

This version must different than the one that opens the John Denver and Muppets Christmas special. I'm pretty sure Statler & Waldorf, Floyd, Animal, and Janice all sing in that version. Again, it's been a while. If anyone else can confirm this, please post.

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Yeah, it is Robin for 4 and Rowlf for 8.

And #10 is Statler and Waldorf.

And this version (the album version) is indeed different from the version in the special (where Kermit sang #2). I haven't seen the special, though, so that's all I know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here's what I got. If we're talking about the song "The 12 Days of Christmas" as sung on the John Denver Christmas special with the Muppets...

John Denver: (1) Partridge in a Pear Tree.
Kermit: 2 Turtle Doves.
Gonzo: 3 French Hens.
Robin the Frog: 4 Calling Birds.
Miss Piggy: 5 Golden Rings.
Scooter: 6 Geese A-Laying.
Fozzie Bear: 7 Swans A-Swimming, with Scooter helping out cause Fozzie kept forgetting his line.
Rowlf, from the piano a far: 8 Maids A-Milking.
Floyd: 9 Pipers Pipping.
Statler and Waldorf: 10 Lords A-Leaping.
Janice: 11 Ladies Dancing.
Animal: 12 Drummers Drumming, though you can't quite make it out given it's Animal-speech.
Hope this helps and have a good night, and if any of it's wrong I'm sure someone will correct me in a heartbeat.

agger_rob

Reaction score
Sidebottom said:
Yeah, it is Robin for 4 and Rowlf for 8.

And #10 is Statler and Waldorf.

And this version (the album version) is indeed different from the version in the special (where Kermit sang #2). I haven't seen the special, though, so that's all I know.

Thanks. That's been driving me nuts all day.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gosh! I always thought it was Pops singing verse 4!