12 Days Till Christmas

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
anathema said:
Indeed :smile: The list is also slightly incorrect: it's not "calling birds", it's "colly birds". Most people don't know what "colly" means, hence the common corruption of the word to "calling". Colly is an old English word meaning black - literally "as black as coal". Colly birds are blackbirds...

The "five gold rings" are also misunderstood. Again, the true love is sending birds - ring-necked birds in this case, such as pheasants.
Hm, that's really interesting. I did always kinda wonder what "calling birds" were - parrots really didn't seem to fit! :stick_out_tongue: That's very funny that the rings aren't actually rings at all but pheasants. Puts a very different spin on that!

Correct. That's what the "True cost of Christmas in song" figures represent. The "Total Christmas Price Index" figures just count the first item of each verse.
Ah, ok. Yes, I see that now. :stick_out_tongue:

Are you ever on YahooIM these days? I'm not seeing you about much... ;-)
I pop in now and then but nobody's ever on. (Of course, there are only three people on my list! :stick_out_tongue: ) :frown: I forgot, though, you're usually invisible, aren't you? Hmmm, tricksy... :wink:
Erin

anathema

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I pop in now and then but nobody's ever on. (Of course, there are only three people on my list! :stick_out_tongue: ) :frown: I forgot, though, you're usually invisible, aren't you? Hmmm, tricksy... :wink:
Erin
I'm on now :-P

In general, I'm on between 8am and 9am, and 6pm-midnight (all times GMT, of course ;-) Just buzz me - if I'm there I'll respond!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We have a Christmas tree up now!! :big_grin: Unfortunately, when we put it up earlier today - but after it had all the lights and ornaments on it - it fell over!!! :eek: One of my mom's Thomas Kinkade ornaments broke, and everything was all over the floor. Had to start again from scratch and tether the tree to the wall. Oh, well, it's almost up again. It looks like we have a patriotic tree this Christmas - the only colored lights I see are red, white, and blue! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin