1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

1960's 'Blatch' Pattern Full-Size and Printable

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by bezalel, Jun 21, 2007.

1. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Hey everybody, I took a little time yesterday to scale up and trace the pattern pieces for the 1969 article originally published in Women’s Day Magazine that includes a play, The Purple-Necked, Black Bearded Blatch and patterns for four "Muppets".

The pattern pieces are full-size (according to the layout in the article) and arranged to be printed on four sheets of regular-size paper. The size of the pattern pieces look to be perfect for a kid-size hand. So check it out!

You can download the files on -

The Project Puppet Blog here, or Puppet Buzz here.

2. spcglider

spcglider Member

WOW...what a flashback THAT is! I remember being babysat by one of my mom's friends and discovering that article in one of her magazines. I was absolutely fascinated and wanted so desperately to have my mom make me REAL muppets from that pattern!

OUCH! My synapses are firing too fast!

-Gordon

3. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I am using those patterns to make characters for inside the cube. oh man this is so exciting! :) :super:

4. cjspiteri

cjspiteri New Member

This is the pattern I am using for my first puppet - well my second. My first attempt is my avatar and it was much too small to get my hand into. I am at the skinning stage - putting fur on it it. I was very excited about finding this article as well.

5. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

A couple of the puppets I built originated from some of those patterns!

6. zns

zns Well-Known Member

This was neat that Jim and Jerry created this in the pre-internet days.

7. cjspiteri

cjspiteri New Member

I am amazed each and every day on how the internet has changed life. I remember spending hours and hours in libraries and book stores learning things, with the internet it has been exponential. I do admire those who laid the first bricks in the path. The internet on my phone was science fiction about 12 years ago. Today I can not see working without it. Access to a forum like this would have been limited to a dial up BBS or server like "fidonet" when I was in high school.

8. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

A lot (if not most of) the moving mouth puppet patterns that exist today originated from that pattern. It's a piece of history!