1976 U.K. I.T.V. air dates?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
While all of us UKers are together, Id like to aska question...

Does anyone have or have any information on 'Des O'Connor Entertains', Im sure it was broadcast in 1975, or 1976. I have like 10 seconds of it from one of the Docus. But I would love to see more of it!

Cheers!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Warrick said:
While all of us UKers are together, Id like to aska question...

Does anyone have or have any information on 'Des O'Connor Entertains', Im sure it was broadcast in 1975, or 1976. I have like 10 seconds of it from one of the Docus. But I would love to see more of it!

Cheers!
Here's some info about the show from BBC.co.uk and this from BFI site

hope it helps

anathema

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Alex, I have found this and this from BFI site

hope it helps
It might help more if it were even remotely accurate :smile:

I'm using back issues of TVTimes for my information. It's a slow and expensive process, but it should be fairly accurate!

Jon

Reaction score
Sound painstaking, keep up the good work!

Did the Muppets get much coverage in these old guides? i only ask,and somewhat of topic,buti recently discovered that Tom Baker Dr Who didn't get a single Radio Times cover in all of Seven Years!

Sometimes people take greatness for granted. Was that the case with the Muppets at that time?

anathema

Reaction score
There were a number of covers and large articles over the years.

David French

Reaction score
Some new info has come to hand regarding the UK dates.

Apparently there was a compilation episode screened sometime in the run.

Also, the Paul Williams episode was repeated the previous week before Ethel Merman's episode was shown in the Midlands region.

Oh, and it would appear that the Midlands never screened Dudley Moore's episode.

Jon

Reaction score
That could explain why i remember the Paul wiliams episode so clearly.

Hmmm...the plot thickens.

I also have the impression that season one was repeated in the summer before the debut of season two in winter 1977.

Any takers?

anathema

Reaction score
David French said:
Some new info has come to hand regarding the UK dates.

Apparently there was a compilation episode screened sometime in the run.
Any more info on this? :smile:

Also, the Paul Williams episode was repeated the previous week before Ethel Merman's episode was shown in the Midlands region.
Yeah, there were a few repeats in the early days. Williams was re-aired in June '77, as was Lena Horne, for example

Oh, and it would appear that the Midlands never screened Dudley Moore's episode.
You sure about that? Midlands was ATV's own region, it seems highly unlikely they'd have passed on a programme they made!

David French

Reaction score
My info actually came from an online friend of mine who has an episode guide book for different TV shows (he calls it Kaleidoscope and I seem to remember something about it being the title of a very good episode guide book or something).

Anyway, he checked his guide with the epguides.com guide and it would appear that they are one and the same. His book doesn't list Dudley Moore's episode so unless it was inadvertantly omitted...

As for the compilation show, it's also mentioned in his book but I could get no further info on it, except that it included some numbers from the (yet to be screened at that point) Ethel Merman show.