1980's Jetsons AND movie coming to DVD...

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jetsons-Season-2-Volume-1/11260

I'm not half as excited about the TV show as I am about the movie. I've been trying forever to track that one down. I hope this gets them to release "The Flintstones meet the Jetsons" as well.

It would be great if they had the Jetsons movie come with an alternate audio track, with Janet Waldo's voice... (she did originally record the dialogue... stupid Universal).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about this :smile: It's about time. This was a sleepover watch staple when I was a kid. Even saw it in theaters!

muppet baby

Reaction score
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jetsons-Season-2-Volume-1/11260

I'm not half as excited about the TV show as I am about the movie. I've been trying forever to track that one down. I hope this gets them to release "The Flintstones meet the Jetsons" as well.

It would be great if they had the Jetsons movie come with an alternate audio track, with Janet Waldo's voice... (she did originally record the dialogue... stupid Universal).
as a kid i was introduced to the Jetsons when the season 2 aired in the 80s i am so happy about this coming out i can not wait to get it, Even though i bought it on Itunes sevel years ago hehe
i love watching it when i am out somewhere and i have nothing else to do . It is my faverite cartoon next to the flintsones .

I really can not wait :excited::excited: i know what you mean about universal not geting the person who voiced judy in the orgnal 60s
first season and then also they had her for the season 2 sigh

i mean was reallly crazy that they did not get her for the such a big thing as a Jetsons movie in the theatres . One thing though was the songs they where good though but i do wish though that they had the orgnal lady :rolleyes:would have done the movie better jugmnet i also am going to get the movie thoguh i loved it any way really ..

i want the Jetsons meets the flinsons to i love that movie so much never get tired of it .

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I first saw the movie at my cousins house. And yes, it was crazy of the to have single Tiffany play the role of Judy. Maybe they should of just have saved her for the songs, heh!

Anyway thsi movies effect were the absolute coolest thing in 1989 and 90!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really can not wait :excited::excited: i know what you mean about universal not geting the person who voiced judy in the orgnal 60s
first season and then also they had her for the season 2 sigh
No, you see they had her, Janet Waldo, and she did record the dialogue initially (at least part of it). So the track may/may not still exist.

Here's something really really sad, when you think about it. Two of the main voice actors passed away during production. There's also a very sad story about the voice of George, but it's pretty heart breaking, so I won't tell you (plus I don't know how true it was).

Here's another fun fact. Did you know the cult video game movie "The Wizard" came out of the fact that the Jetsons movie was delayed?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Here's another fun fact. Did you know the cult video game movie "The Wizard" came out of the fact that the Jetsons movie was delayed?
No, no idea! I love that movie!

How so? :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, no idea! I love that movie!

How so? :confused:

Either one of 2 things, since I heard two different stories. One reason- the film wasn't going to be quite ready in time for the release... the other reason, it would have opened up oopsite (or close to) The Little Mermaid, Back to the Future 2 and All dogs go to Heaven. And considering it opened fourth with some pretty big competition anyway, it was a safe bet to open it with little or no family related films opposite.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I only saw the movie once a little over a year ago on Cartoon Network (I think).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I only saw the movie once a little over a year ago on Cartoon Network (I think).
You mean The Wizard or The Jetsons?

Anyway, I just love Mel Blanc's screams in that movie! Ouch!:stick_out_tongue: :super:

It's originally half the reason I wanted to see the movie. :big_grin: