1992 Muppet Christmas Carol promotions on The Disney Channel

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back in 1992, when The Mupet Christmas Carol was about to be released, I recall seeing quite a few promotional spots for The Muppet Christmas Carol on The Disney Channel. There were interviews with a few people, including Kermit. I remember at the time seeing Kermit's name on-screen and then seeing Bob Cratchet written underneath it, and at the time I had just seen The Secrets of the Mupets and found out that the Muppets were really puppets, and saw that Jim Henson performed Kermit, and wodnered why Jim Henson wasn't written under the name (until I was reminded that Jim Henson had died). But then I thought Bob Cratchet was the name of Kermit'[s new performer, until I saw the movie and saw in the credits that the characters were playing roles (I was just barely familiar with the original story and character names). I also remember behind-the-scenes footage of Scrooge holding onto the ghost of christmas pasts hand in order to fly.

But does anybody remember these behind-the-scenes promos? I don't know if they can be found on You Tube, and I haven't seen them in the page for Disney Channel Promos at Muppet Wiki (I'd like to make sure that some other people here remember them before posting info about them on Muppet Wiki, especially since I don't remember much).