2 Classic Ernie & Bert segments

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Does anyone remember these two great classic Ernie and Bert segments.
The first one is in a movie theather with Ernie eating popcorn, peanuts, and drinking soda. Bert gets upset cause Ernie is making too much noise when eating. Finally, Bert screams when Ernie is drinking soda. Then the movie stops and a man removes Bert from the theather.

The second classic is Bert is reading in his chair and Ernie is going back and forth from the kitchen to the door with a glass of water. Bert keeps guessing why Ernie is doing this and finally Ernie tells him that the kitchen sink is broken and there is water all over the floor. Then Bert says, " OH ERNIE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE THE WHOLE HOUSE FLOODED!!!" Then the water fills up there entire apartment.

These are two of my favorites, how about yours?

ssetta

Reaction score
I liked the one where they were eating licorice whip candy, and one of them was always longer, so Ernie kept eating pieces off to make it even, but it never worked out.

I remember another one where they had pizza and grape juice, and Ernie had more than bert. So Ernie ate some of his pizza and drank some of his grape juice, so then Bert had more. But then Bert shouldn't have more and Ernie have less, so Ernie better eat some of Bert's pizza and drink Bert's grape juice.

I liked a lot of the ones about food. There was one where they each had apple pie, but Ernie gave Bert the small piece, and kept the big piece for himself. Bert explained that if he were offering apple pie, he would give Ernie the big piece, and keep the small piece for himself. And Ernie says, "Well, Bert, you have the small piece."

Any more food ones?

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I got more food ones ssetta. What about the one with the cherry's on the scale. Ernie eats some on each side until there is one on each side. I think Bert fainted at the end. Another good one was Ernie eating cookies in bed and Bert told he would get crums in the sheets then crums in his pajamas then would itch and not be able to sleep. So Ernie goes and eats cookies in Bert's bed.

Another good one I like is when Bert is getting ready to give his nephew Bart a bath. Ernie looks and sees there is nothing for Bart to play with in the tub then brigs in a box of toys for Bart to play with.

ssetta

Reaction score
The one about the cherries was the next one I was going to list! The cookies in bed one was actually used last season! And Bert's nephew's name is not Bart, it's Brad. There was another skit where Bert's brother Bart came to visit.

prickle747

Reaction score
Mister Fred said:
Does anyone remember these two great classic Ernie and Bert segments.
The first one is in a movie theather with Ernie eating popcorn, peanuts, and drinking soda. Bert gets upset cause Ernie is making too much noise when eating. Finally, Bert screams when Ernie is drinking soda. Then the movie stops and a man removes Bert from the theather.

The second classic is Bert is reading in his chair and Ernie is going back and forth from the kitchen to the door with a glass of water. Bert keeps guessing why Ernie is doing this and finally Ernie tells him that the kitchen sink is broken and there is water all over the floor. Then Bert says, " OH ERNIE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE THE WHOLE HOUSE FLOODED!!!" Then the water fills up there entire apartment.

These are two of my favorites, how about yours?

my favorite ernie & bert skit is the one where bert is looking for his cowboy hat........ernie has to substitute stuff where things are being put in ........go's on and on and on and on till finally, bert has to suffer with a cooking pot on his head as a substitute......... i still laugh at this one today !! :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love the one where Ernie's making a sculpture of Bert and he runs out of clay before he can do Bert's nose, so he takes Bert's real nose and adds it on! I also love the "Dancin' Myself to Sleep" segment.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Mister Fred said:
Another good one was Ernie eating cookies in bed and Bert told he would get crums in the sheets then crums in his pajamas then would itch and not be able to sleep. So Ernie goes and eats cookies in Bert's bed.
I love that one!!!!! Classic! :smile:
Erin

pixiesuit

Reaction score
One of my faves, though my memory of it is vague, is the one where Bert & Ernie are in a mummy's tomb. I remember Ernie bieng scared witless, and him being left alone at some point. Of course, the best part is when the mummy (who looks like a King Tut Ernie) comes to life, and they do a dance together.

billyk

Reaction score
There was also an Ernie & Bert skit where they were eating PB sandwiches.

I think one of them had bread and the other had PB and they shared the PB and the bread.

zrs70

Reaction score
And then there's the ice crean one, where Ernie tries to make Bert ice cream by putting cream in a bowl of ice.