2 kid shows.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
neither of these shows have anything in common with each other and while not exactly distributed by PBS though seen on many PBS stations. > 1st show. Big Blue Marble. if you recall this one, it was about kids from around the world and their lifstylles. i undersatnd it began in 1974 and i think was off the air by the end of the decade. > the next show was Kidsongs. witch i 1st discovered in 1988 on a local station in Chicago. basicly it was music videos made by kids and starring kids. the songs were anykind of songs from silly songs you've heard since pre-school like London bridges falling down and Merry had a little lamb. to old rock, pop, songs. the 1st installment of this series started out with a bunch of kids finding some old abandoned TV studio and using it for their show. it returned in 1994 and this was the version i saw on my local PBS station. the same show however the kids go to a TV station and ask to people if they can use it. and in this version, the managers gave them assignments and the show was made more than less educational compared to the the other version. the show reminded me a little bit of The Electric Company and Zoom where as both shows ran for a certain ammount of time such as TEC ran for 15 years but only 5 or 6 years of episodes were made and Zoom witch ran for 9 years but only 6 years worth of episodes were made. Kidsongs, the 1994 series had episodes made in 1994, 1995, and 1997 inspite the fact it ran a total of 5 years. don't even know if it went off because of ratings or they just ceased production. since it wasn't an actuall PBS show to my understanding, i don't think Kidsongs would of had the same exact problems that other PBS shows would have like funding for episodes.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Big Blue Marble featured real children doing real things. Each weekly episode showcased a girl and a boy in separate segments; the shows paired a domestic story with an international one. Crews traveled to Africa, China, Europe, and Russia, as well as all over the United States to tell the everyday stories of adolescence. The most popular segments with the audience were stories about animals and sports.

The earth's a Big Blue Marble
When you see it from out there
The sun and moon declare
Our beauty's very rare

Folks are folks and kids are kids
We share a common name
We speak a different way
But work and play the same

We sing pretty much alike
Enjoy spring pretty much alike
Peace and love we all understand
And laughter, we use the very same brand

Our differences, our problems
From out there there's not much trace
Our friendships they can place
While looking at the face
Of the Big Blue Marble in space

Zoom context then was pretty much the same as it is now:games,science,math,etc...I remember a lot more singing on that one too.
Zoom theme(1971)
Come on and zoom, zoom, zooma zoom
We're gonna, zooma, zooma, zooma zoom
Come on give it a try
We're gonna show you just why
We're gonna teach you to fly high

Come on and zoom
Come on and zoom, zoom
Come on and zoom
Come and zoom, zoom

I also remember a show called Vegetable Soup.It was a show about cultures,stories,recipes...It included Bette Midler & James Earl Jones doing voice-overs.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone by any chance rememebr a BBM episodes where these 3 girls were in some big city. wouldn't know where. but 1 of them named Jenny gets lost and they're looking everywhere for her. they find her eventually.throughout this piece a song was being played that went something like everyone has a dynamite day once in a whil. etc. anyone know the city and if it took place overseas what country it took place in and when exactly was this episde made?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
neither of these shows have anything in common with each other and while not exactly distributed by PBS though seen on many PBS stations. > 1st show. Big Blue Marble. if you recall this one, it was about kids from around the world and their lifstylles. i undersatnd it began in 1974 and i think was off the air by the end of the decade. > the next show was Kidsongs. witch i 1st discovered in 1988 on a local station in Chicago. basicly it was music videos made by kids and starring kids. the songs were anykind of songs from silly songs you've heard since pre-school like London bridges falling down and Merry had a little lamb. to old rock, pop, songs. the 1st installment of this series started out with a bunch of kids finding some old abandoned TV studio and using it for their show. it returned in 1994 and this was the version i saw on my local PBS station. the same show however the kids go to a TV station and ask to people if they can use it. and in this version, the managers gave them assignments and the show was made more than less educational compared to the the other version. the show reminded me a little bit of The Electric Company and Zoom where as both shows ran for a certain ammount of time such as TEC ran for 15 years but only 5 or 6 years of episodes were made and Zoom witch ran for 9 years but only 6 years worth of episodes were made. Kidsongs, the 1994 series had episodes made in 1994, 1995, and 1997 inspite the fact it ran a total of 5 years. don't even know if it went off because of ratings or they just ceased production. since it wasn't an actuall PBS show to my understanding, i don't think Kidsongs would of had the same exact problems that other PBS shows would have like funding for episodes.

here's some stuff from the 1st show I mentioned.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=kidsongs&search=Search

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember Kid Songs! That was the only show I knew of that people actually though of to be worst then Barney.