2 Questions...Feet & Glue (respectively)

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I second this method.

Another option, which gets kind of complex, is the bolt & wingnut method. Secure a small (1 – 1/2 inch) bolt to the item you're applying (using epoxy works for me), make a hole where you want to attach it, insert the bolt into the hole, put on a washer (to make sure the wingnut doesn't get pulled through), and screw a wingnut onto the bolt.

This way you can also swap out the eyes or horns or whatever for different ones (between camera takes for instance).

That's a wonderful idea! hooray that.

I always put foam in my spoons :wink: I rarely use spoons, though. But when I do...foam filled or nothing!

So I schlepped myself over to Michael's for some odds and ends. They don't carry contact cement anymore, but I did pick up a new glue gun.

Can I say I think that was the problem? I think my glue gun was so old it wasn't getting hot enough. This one is amaaazing. It even does my dishes!:excited:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Sorry can't have it....or maybe you can. The glue is so hot it melted my ping pong ball!

One problem to the next... Can I win? just once? please?

Teenager's

Reaction score
I thought I would tack onto this thread.

I am in need of a shoe pattern. Like a tennis shoe or something sporty or converse looking. I know shoes are usually sculpted & molded, but I don't have the facilities for that. Anyone have any cool links?

Whispers

Reaction score
I was definitely going to recommend Contact Cement but you might also want to try Tacky Glue but Rubber Cement is better.
However you want to be very careful about leaving the bottles open because it tends to dry up and the ones I've bought at Home Depot [Elmers] doesn't keep to long. Just some advice ;D

Also definitely try the bolt method, use some epoxy on the end and allow it to dry. It work great for attaching eyes made from spoons or pingpong balls but sometimes it morphs it a bit so you may have to sand it down. Best for a firm hold :]

staceyrebecca

Reaction score

Whispers

Reaction score
Oh nice job on them Stacey, I'm sure working with furry fleece was a joy when cutting:wink:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Thanks! Its not actually fleece. It's got a woven backing to it. And the pile on the fabric is 2" when uncurled. OH JOY. My vacuum cleaner hates me.