20 page Muppets feature in Empire

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. A 20-pg article on my favorite felt friends? I may just buy it for that.

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
most interesting fact was that they also considered Michael Jackson for the David Bowie role in Labyrinth. Could have been a very different film!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
most interesting fact was that they also considered Michael Jackson for the David Bowie role in Labyrinth. Could have been a very different film!
Well, I could certainly see Jackson in the same outlandish wardrobe Bowie wore.

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
I guess they decided against Jacko as there's already a lot of latex in the film!
Also, there's a nice piece where they ask famous film stars what their favourite Muppet is. Nick Park (Wallace and Gromit creator) says his is Sweetums and says that Sweetums' expressive eyebrows influenced Gromit! Predictably, Animal, Kermit and Piggy seem to have the most famous fans.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Crud, I hope I can find this issue in my little town! :frown: This place isn't known for carrying awesome UK magazines... looks like another item to go on the "Reno list".

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Love Empire; easily the best print filmzine out there. Can't wait to pick up a copy of this.