2003: The greatest Muppet merchandise year ever

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, if I predicted one thing right last year, it was that 2003(and onto 2004) would be thee greatest Muppet merch year ever.

Were talking about a year that *FINALLY* bridged the gap and brought all three classic Muppet franchises together into the collector market: Muppet Show,
Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock.

A year where you can walk into a store and see Pepe, Janice, Newsman, Snowth, Thog, and freaking Doozer figures...where you can go to any midway or carnival and win Bunsen and Beaker...where youc an find the Electric Mayhem in plush form...and Sesame Street updated to a more mod punk form.

Folks, I dont know about you...but not since I was 3 have I seen so much Muppet related merch. When I hear people go "Oh man, his eyebrows are off!", "there's too many Beakers and Pepe's!", and "those Sesame figures look way off"...can people even hear themselves talk? Oh how people forget a time when the only Muppet stuff ya could find was lame Applause Kermit mugs and Fisher Price Elmo diapers.

Ive been on MC for 5 years, and can attest weve never seen anything like this, and its only about to get crazier.

Between Hot Topic(and lets face it, that is THEE Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle emporium), Suncoast, soon to be Barnes and Nobles, etc...the mall is thee place to be Muppet merch wise, and I am thankful that when I say Muppet, I can also mean Sesame and Fraggle Rock. If they bring back Bear in th eBig Blue House merch I'm going to wet myself.

So, what's been your fave Muppet merch of the year? For me:

*Palisades series 5 and mini muppets
*Jack in the Box Muppet Show figures
*Electric Mayhem plushes
*Doozer figures
*50,000 various Beaker merchandise thingys

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Your right about it all Beaker, why even Muppet Babies is in that Mix with the new dolls at Walgreens, and Hot Topic has had a few Muppet Babies "female" T-shirts. So if your a fan of the Muppet show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, heck even Muppets Tonight, there's something out there for you! I'm sure there is still some Bear stuff out there as well. :smile:

My favortie products

1)Muppet Monopoly
2)Rowlf bust (it's really 2002 though, but that year was when the wheels started moving as well as a few turns in 2001, now where in full throtle!)
3) almost everything from the Muppet action figures and PVC
4)EM dolls
5) and well once i get the fraggle dolls and Doozers i'll let cha know!;-)

I think with MuppetFest and the TimeLife Muppet Show tapes was the begining of all of this!

zach,

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... 2003 and 2004 will be great Muppet Merch years (unfortunately 2002 was the project year... I hate these realistic talking Snow dogs movies)

But what a time to live in... and what a Time to be broke..

my list

Muppets Palisades figure assortment (especially series 4 +5)
The Sesame figures
Sabba Plush Muppets and Fraggles and PVC Doozers
Muppet push puppets (who cares if they are direct sculpt knock offs of palisades? they still rock)
Muppet Show videos and DVD's for those of us who don't want to deal with Time life
JITB stuff (I got some)
Starbucks puppets (come on...Beaker, Chef, and Rowlf in mini plush form?)
Beaker anything

I mean, i remember the drought of Sesame Street Elmo singing toys, Muppet babies/ Bear in the Blue House Generic Diapers, and Kermit keychains (they were good, but they only had him, Piggy, and Animal). Not to mention having to buy used chewed up Fraggle Rock McDonalds cars for a Fraggle fix.

T Shirt: 18 bucks
Gobo/ Red Plushes: 12 bucks
Doozer PVC's: 6 bucks
Having Fraggle Rock merchandise period? Priceless.