2005 - A Good Year for Film

Erine81981

Reaction score
Same here. I liked it growing up same as my dad growing up on it. I don't know if he would want to see it know but he loved it as a kid he used to tell me. I watched the old ones and the 80's version of it to. Great to have old cartoons coming back. I can't wait fo Hong Kong Phooey. He was one of the funniest cartoons growing up. I really don't care as long as they use CGI for Hong Kong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
HKP WILL be a CGI, with live action actors. I just hope he doesn't look like Scooby Doo and Garfield. And Mighty Mouse was one of my faves too.

But I'm REALLY worried about Lupin III... If they make an American movie, I'm afraid he'll come out to be an Austin Powers rip off, Dispite that he was created well over 30 years ago. (I recently picked up one of his Mangas for the first time and I am loving it!)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
:eek: Scooter, Mighty Mouse was one of my FAVORITE cartoons when I was little... :frown:
I'm sorry if I offended anybody, if anybody was upset by my comments, but, I just never liked Mighty Mouse. It wasn't really funny to me. I'm sorry if I upset you. I've never liked any of the action/adventure cartoons like Batman or Superman either. It just never appealed to me. I've always thought cartoons were supposed to be just funny. I'm sorry, again, if I have upset anyone with my opinion.

"Well, we don't allow rodents in the park!"
"Oh, yeah? Well, does your boss Mickey know aboiut this?"
"'Mickey?!' Well, Mickey- Mickey's Mickey!"

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I've never liked any of the action/adventure cartoons like Batman
I was never really a big fan...except for one time I turned and had the weird that thought that Robin was one hot dude. Only episode I ever watched

but in speech we had two guys that dressed up as B&R, and we about got in trouble because their shorts were, uhh, short....really short....hehe

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
ugh! Mighty Mouse has got to be the worst cartoon ever!
I love what Ralph Bakshi (of Heavy Metal and Cool World fame) did with Mighty Mouse in the 80s, but unfortunately it was too edgy for the Saturday morning audience.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I love what Ralph Bakshi (of Heavy Metal and Cool World fame) did with Mighty Mouse in the 80s, but unfortunately it was too edgy for the Saturday morning audience.
Wasn't Bakshi the one who did the semi-animated version of LOTR that never got finished? It ended halfway through The Two Towers and then a part two was never made, though Rankin and Bass did do Return of the King.
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
OY!! I've always loved that, and I have been tempted to buy VHS collector's bootleggs off the internet. SOme of the 1990's Marvel Mighty Mouse comics were (Loosely) based off the show, I've got the whole 10 issues.

I also have the Pearl Pureheart Wendy's figure (I got at a garage sale or something) but I always wanted to get Mighty, Bat Bat, or Patey Pete...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really statring to doubt that 2005 is a good year for film (better than this one at least) because I jost got word that they're planning to sequal one of the most pointless action films of all time, XXX.

However, Vin Diesle will not be in it. He will be replaced by rapper Ice Cube.

Sigh... and things were going so well....