2007 PofA Festival? Anyone?

spcglider

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Gordon here.

This time out, I'll actually be able to attend the PofA Festival when it happens this summer here in lovely Minneapolis/St.Paul MinneSNOWta!

Are any of you crazies going to be in attendance as well? It'd be great to do a dinner or some-such and meet you all!

If you have any questions about the area, I'll be happy to give you a "local's take" on what there is to eat, see, sleep in, enjoy, and otherwise experience.

Contact me at spcglider@aol.com or puppetforge@aol.com

-Gordon

zns

Reaction score
I'm going to be going with my parents this summer for my 19th birthday. I am really excited because I hear that Marty Robinson is going to be a quest speaker and will also bring Telly Monster with him. I'm also going to visit the Mall of America while I'm there, so I have more to look forward to.

spcglider

Reaction score
Groovy! Hmmm... its been a LOOOOOONG time since I was 19 so I might not know what you'd be truly interested in, but if it's clothing, cell phones, more clothing, or food, the Mall Of America is definitely the place for you. It used to have many more interesting specialty shops, but they've been slowly replaced by multiples of the same chain of clothing store (can you say A&F?). Many of the places are now the standard chain stores you see everywhere across the country. The LEGO store is still there... that's a plus.

And if you've got any sort of appreciation for food, stay way from the food court and actually pick one of the restaraunts. The California Cafe is very good and so is The Minnesota Grill. You won't be disappointed by either.

So...anybody else coming to the frozen Minnesota tundra? (You know, of course, that Minnesota sports temps in the high 90's as well as upwards of 90% humidity in the summer, right? So leave your parkas at home!) Oh, and don't expect to see moose or penguins... they both fly north for the summer. LOL!!!

-Gordon

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Well, since I only live a couple of hours away, I'd like to come for at least part of it. Have to see how schedules and finances work out.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i could be going depends on a few things but im really hoping i can go

spcglider

Reaction score
Well, be sure to keep me informed! It'd be great to meet up during the event.

If you come, you're all bringing your puppets, yes? I made the mistake of not trotting out my puppets when I went to the Muppet Auditions in LA. I should have brought one of them along at least. But I didn't know if there was any sort of taboo about that. I was the only one at the "afterwards dinner" that didn't have his hand in a character!! Boy did I feel like an oddball.

So anyway, I'll be happy to play "local tourguide" or at least "tourist information library" if you need it.

-Gordon

TravelTravel

Reaction score
Details of the Puppeteers of America National Festival

Hi Ho - I was glad to see that a thread had already been started about the 2007 PofA national festival.

I sent in my registration fee last month, so I'm officially planning to be there ... and it would be fun to connect with anyone else from MuppetCentral.

Puppet Rampage 2007
The Puppeteers of America National Festival
July 17-22, 2007
Concordia University, St. Paul, Minnesota

http://www.puppetrampage2007.org

This is my first time attending so I'm not an expert ... but the basic format is workshops in the morning and performances in the afternoon/evening. There's also an exhibit, a puppetry store, guest speakers (including Marty Robinson and Telly). Performers and attendees come from all over the U.S., Canada and the world. There have been many Henson-related participants over the years. Jerry Juhl was a presenter a couple years ago, and Jim Henson was the event chairman in 1963.

You get a discount if you're a member of Puppeteers of America. (If you're not a member, I'd recommend joining just to get their magazine and newsletters. It's only $30 per year for students, $50 for adults. The Puppetry Journal includes articles and photos on topics such as puppetry in television, film and stage; puppet building; careers; biographies; all things puppets.)

Here's the online membership info:
http://www.puppeteers.org/membership.html

Teenager's

Reaction score
OK....Lets get this Started Again since its almost time!

Who's Really going now and registered?

I am!

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I'm only going to be able to go for one day, but I'll be there for that day!