1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

2009 Muppet Name That Tune

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Count, Oct 19, 2009.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Suggested by GonzoLeaper, here are the rules of the game.

1 The first person posts a word that has any number of Muppet-related songs with that word in it. Because there could be multiple correct answers to that one one-word clue, the person who posts the word for others to guess should have an actual song in mind before starting the round.
    2 Players will take turns guessing which song the person who posted the word was hinting at. They may request clues to aid them in guessing the correct song.
    3 The word chosen can be either part of a song title or a line of lyric from the intended song.
    4 Once a person has a specific guess, they can post either the song's title or the actual line of lyric containing the word.
    5 If it's a song that's somewhat obscure, please post what Henson production it comes from for better gameplay.

Other than that, have fun and remember to play nice.

First turn goes to GonzoLeaper, so please wait until that member has posted before starting this on your own.
  2. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting this one up, Count.:batty:
    Nice job on writing everything up too- I like.:)

Okay- which song to do first?

Here we go.

And the word is: tree
  3. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

is it from The Muppet Show?
  4. GonzoLeaper

yes (but not primarily)
  5. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Does Kermit sing it?
  6. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree - Wayne and Wanda
  7. GonzoLeaper

Good guess, MuppetMazz- but that's not the one I was thinking of. And to PurpleHonker's question, it is in fact a song sung by Kermit.
  8. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

so am I out because I guessed or can I guess again?
  9. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Is it It's Not Easy Being Green?

"And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree"
    :)
  10. GonzoLeaper

I should think you could keep guessing until someone gets it right, but I'll defer to the moderators for that call.:batty:

Yes- you got it, PurpleHonker! One of my favorite Kermit and Muppet songs in general of all!
    "It's not easy being green, but- I'm green, and it'll do fine- it's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be...":)
    Good job!
    Go for the next one!
  11. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

Okay, here it is.

The next word is: Matterhorn
  12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm Gonna Always Love You
    KissesToKermie likes this.
  13. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

14. dwmckim

I think part of the trick is to choose a word that could have a few possible answers - i can't think of any other Muppet songs with Matterhorn in it.

So the next word will be...

hurry
  15. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

Is it a Sesame world song?
  16. dwmckim

It is from Sesame Street
  17. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

At the Bus Stop Sign?
  18. dwmckim

Not Bus Stop Sign - but that's a very good guess.
  19. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

20. dwmckim

That's it - one of my all time favorites! (Hey, i just thought of something - i SO hope this is a choice for Sesamestreetorg's best of the 70s poll - if it is that will be my vote!)

"If you're in a hurry take the express, it will go right by your local address
    Buy a token now for a ride that's super-wow on the subway!"

Your turn!