$208.49

MM-III

Reaction score
That's the price that the latest kermit in lunch box sold for. FYI

MM-III

Reaction score
Who's complaining? Not me.

The only one complaining here is you. I'm not sure why. All I do is maintain a watch list on ebay and post interesting titbits from now and then. I assure you it takes me a couple minutes a day MAX. I'm not sure why you feel it's necessary to leave snide remarks for providing a little info for those who might not want to go through the trouble. In case you didn't notice, this is the merchandise section of muppet central. Hence, this information is pertinent.

I posted this latest bit because it breaks the old record for the most paid on ebay for a single muppet figure. Chill out dude. Sheesh!

Aerosmith

Reaction score
HUH HUH you said titbits. Man I sound like Beavis and Butt-Head. :big_grin:

matleo

Reaction score
holy smokes that's not a lot of brains.

MM-III

Reaction score
Now I'm laughing...

I guess it was inevitable but now that two lunchboxes in a row have closed for 200+ dollars there are now 4 new listings for kermit in the lunchbox.

You might manage to get a good deal since the supply has finally increased... Anything less than 100.00 gets a buy recommend from me, if only to turn a profit later.

And as for "titbits" well... freudian slip?

simpson84

Reaction score
I thought that this was supposed to be the exclusive that didn't matter that much since it was just a normal figure in a lunchbox, now look at the price. What was the original price in the first place (wasn't it free?)

MM-III

Reaction score
It's all obviously a very sinister plot by palisades to employ reverse-psychology to increase the value of the exclusive.

"Oh, you don't want THAT old thing... it's the same as all the rest... EXCEPT for the sticker and blister..."

Which of course, to the completist only makes him/her want it more! The more they say you don't want it, that it's basically worthless, that it's only a sticker and a blister that can't be found elsewhere, the more the completist drools.

Because he's not thinking "oh, it's the same as all the rest... never mind"

he's thinking... "No one else will have this, I will be the only true completist!!"

and why do I have this insight? Because I am one of them... I have succumbed to the dark side and purchased one of the elusive kermit lunchboxes!

I will not tell you how much I paid except to say that it was FAR FAR less than 200 bucks. It was low enough that I could make a nice profit if I wanted, and also low enough that I wouldn't cry if it ended up becoming worthless.

and you know what? It's not big deal. It's a cool little thing and a unique item but my life was not changed by obtaining it. I had an opportunity for a good price and I took it.

Anyway, to answer your question yes it was a free giveaway, but it was the nature of the give-away the fact that it was an industry only party that was off-limits to the general public that I think has increased it's allure to the hard core collector.

Personally? If it ever gets to 300 or more, I'm selling that puppy.

simpson84

Reaction score
Your logic makes sense and I guess now both you and the seller are very happy people.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Holy Cow! "Far, far less" than $200.00? Good for you. Sounds like a steal right now.

I really don't know what to make of this lunchbox Kermit figure. I know I can live without it. As Ken said, the only thing different about lunchbox kermit is the sticker and the blister bubble inside, so it really doesn't mean that much to me. Sure it's cool, but there's no way it's worth that much in my eyes. Thank heavens for the sticker inside the lunchbox, or I'd be wary of forgeries.

I'll be surprised too if the four on ebay now all break the current trend of $200.00 closings.

And for $300.00, I'd sell the puppy too. And the leash... and the water bowl.... :wink:

I held onto my glow in the dark Radioactive Homer for the longest time, because I'm a completist, but then it just got to be worth too much and I had to part with it when I had an offer of $200.00. The idea of funding more waves of Simpson figures for my collection through the sale of one figure I paid $12.00 for sounded good at the time. I'm hoping that down the road when the Simpsons line is dead I'll be able to get Homie back in my collection.