25th anniversary of John Lennon's death

ceecee

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has started a thread on this yet. Maybe we're too young.

But it was 25 years ago today that John Lennon was killed. I was a tiny speck in my mom's womb when it happened, but I still think it's very sad. I've loved the Beatles since I was little, and I can't help but wonder what would have been different if this senseless act hadn't occured.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
he died for no reason just because of a kook

he was a great musicain

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a fan of John Lennon, and I remeber hering about his death on the news when I was 5 years old. I was over at my sister's house and I remember seeing the newsflash on TV. I'm a life long fan of the Beatles. And yes I agree he died for no reason. He would have been 65 if he was still alive.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
nah Yoko's singing would have killed him by now
*giggles hysterically*

Mark Chapman is a big meanie, I hope he gets what he deserves. Lennon was the world's greatest musician ever (that's right...better than Madonna) and it's such a shame that he's no longer rocking with us. Just as his career was starting up again it all went...pear-shaped. But still 25 years and the world still loves him. I guess people as influential as Lennon can't really die properly.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
RIP John Lennon,25th Anniversary

I'm surprised I didn't make this thread too,I waited to see if someone would.I posted in my journal at Greatest Journal about it.I was sitting on my bedroom floor & my instict told me to turn on my radi:confused:n WLIF,one of Maryland's local stations,they announced John Lennon was fatally shot.I then turned on the television and they reported he died.I cried all night,was in shock.I spent all day yesterday watching Beatle films: 'Hard Day's Night','Yellow Submarine',and 'Imagine'.Was depressed the whole day. Had flash backs last night when the hours approached.RIP John.:cry: :sympathy:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I remember when that happened. I was 8 years old at the time. I didn't know who he was but it wasn't long before I found out that he was one of the Beatles. My brother Paul doesn't like the Beatles and I don't know if he likes sharing his name with one of them but at least he isn't like me and doesn't share his name with the man who murdered John Lennon.