2nd Generation Fans

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ooooh---that CD is one I don't have....I have 20 OTHER Sesame CDs, but not that one...YET. Is it any good?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Ooooh---that CD is one I don't have....Is it any good?
You kidding me? It's fantastic! Got some all-time greats on it:

If I Were - Kermit
If Moon Was Cookie - Cookie Monster
Imagination - Ernie
What Do I Do When I'm Alone? - Grover
The Frogs in the Glen - Kermit
Dance Myself to Sleep - Ernie
Little Things - Prairie Dawn
I Don't Want to Live on the Moon - Ernie

.....and others too, but these are the highlights for me. Amazon's got it pretty cheap at $10.49, but you should be able to pick it up in most stores still.

It's a must especially now with a baby on the way!

Joggy

Reaction score
I still can't get rid of the idea that in about 16 years, everybody's kids might come together in a chatroom... and that we, 1,5th Generation Members, will be the older ones then!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well I tried to post this to you, Scott, but that does not seem to be an option on the new board, so I hope you will scan and read. I have decided to take Emileigh to Sesame Place in May this year, and then save the return ticket (which is free with full purchase price) for a trip in October for The Count's Boo-Spectacular weekend (or named something like that).

Thing is, in the summer, SP is just crammed with people who are mostly there to ride the water rides. Since we live at the beach, the water rides are not that important to us... we are there to see MUPPETS darn it, not to swim with the great unwashed of Philadelphia (no offense to those from Philly, but if you have been to SP in August, I think you know what I mean!). If you go on the "off season", you get a better view for the shows and the characters on the Street. (I always wondered why they felt they needed the draw of the water rides anyway. Why not just expand on the Muppet shows and theme rides?)

Have you ever been to SP? It is kinda a drive for you I think, but could be combined with other local attractions like the beach, or museums and zoo in Philly!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hmmmm....

I already have all of those on other CDs, but not together in one compilation. Maybe that's why I haven't picked it up yet--I've already got it!

Quinnnnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Well I tried to post this to you, Scott, but that does not seem to be an option on the new board, so I hope you will scan and read.
Yeah I really don't like the fact that we've lost that feature. It makes for debates and volley conversations much more difficult.
....there to ride the water rides....
Hm, I didn't even know they had water rides there. I don't think we'd be very interested in that either. She has a pool at Mommy's house and I live near the beach too. Although water rides can be fun, we'd be there more for the Muppety attractions.

As for when we'll end up going, I'm likely going to take your advice and go in the off-season. She turns two in September and it might be the perfect thing for us to do, if I can convince Mommy to come.
Have you ever been to SP? It is kinda a drive for you I think....
Nope, never been. Right now I'm looking forward to going more than she is! But I know that once she gets there, she's just going to be in Seventh Heaven. PA's not much of a drive for me from Boston, but will likely be tough on a 2-year old. I'll likely need to make lots of stops so we can get out of the Jeep and run around or whatever. I know it's going to be a tough trip to plan, but I think it would be worthwhile. Heck, depending on the kind of money I'm making then, I may fly us out!

Iggy35

Reaction score
Well, I was born May 19th 1976 so I got yanked out just intime for the first episode I think (is that right?)
So, I guess I am first generation.
The problem I have is this.
When buying Muppet toys from shops or ebay, I use the excuse to my girlfriend "Its for the baby!"
Then when I get it, HE'S NOT ALLOWED NEAR IT!!!!
Or if I do let him have a *little*play, I watch him like a hawk.
If it goes near his mouth.....SNATCH!!
But hey, he's welcome to watch my video's and DVD's anytime he likes, but touch my Rowlf puppet AND I'LL BITE YER NOSE OFF!!!!

IGGY35

FellowWLover

Reaction score
September is a nice time to shoot for, although I went for the first time on my birthday (10/22) and it was darn near the nicest day possible! All the characters were psyched, and the weather was great. It was hardly crowded, and we got to meet practically every Muppet there!

Ages two and under receive free admission, which is nothing to sneeze at since it is upward of 35.00 bucks a person! (Dairy Queen has great coupons though for seven or eight bucks off by the end of the season though, maybe even ten by Septemeber.)

I definately think you should come the night before though, since I believe you are looking at a five to six hour drive! It only take me about an hour to get there, but I always try to be there right when the park opens, and of course we stay until close. I doubt you will be able to so that from Boston!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Here's what I meant by first and second generation fan-- it had nothing to do with age or when in the Muppet time line you were born.

First generation-- you love the Muppets but your parents weren't fans. You are the first generation of Muppet fan(s) in your family.

Second generation-- you love the Muppets and your parent(s) love them.

Third generation-- you, your parent(s) and grandparent(s) love them.

In other words-- if your parents were big Muppet fans before you came upon an episode of Sesame Street-- you are second generation. If your grandparents are big Muppet fans, you're third gen. (If your grandparents lived in the DC area, this is possible-- they could have watched Sam and Friends. I suppose it is also possible for fans of the SNL skits to have grandkids now--- oh, I'm starting to feel old.)

Actual generational dating covers fairly broad time periods. American generational theorists tend to divide the 13th and 14th generations in the late 60s or early 70s (different theorists use different dates). That refers to birth years-- people born prior to the date are 13th gen and after the date are 14th. I think 15th gen starts around 2000 but it might be more like 2010.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Iggy35
I use the excuse ..... "Its for the baby!"
So wait, you do have a kid? Or do you speak of a nephew or your girlfriend's baby?
....welcome to watch my video's and DVD's anytime he likes....
Carefull with those DVDs. My daughter and I watch them together CONSTANTLY but she's a really huge fan of pulling them all off the shelf, throwing them on the floor, taking the discs out, even taking the front insert that sits behind the clear plastic out and folding it backwards. We're improving now though. She's started putting them back up on the shelf in the cutest way... any which way but the correct one. It's pretty funny so I really don't mind that she loves them so much. Just so long as the discs don't get damaged.