40 movies you (might) regret showing your kids

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Annie? Annie? ! ANNNNNNNNNNIEEEEEEEE! ! !
That's one of my trigger words! ! !

*Goes on destructive rampage.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Easy, easy! Calm down. Think of Niagara Falls.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Watership Down, on the other hand, is something you would REALLY regret showing to your little kids! :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to add that I regret that kids went to see Turbo and Bolt because those unruly pests wouldn't shut the Smurf up!

I've said it multiple times, if we're going to mollycoddle kids, then rent videos and wait for them to be mature enough to know that they should be as silent at a movie as possible. If they need to run around the aisles and restate the obvious and repeat jokes just as they're said, they're obviously NOT READY to see a film in public.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*At the meeting...

Hi, I admit to being an MST3K fan... And I also admit to having a habit of repeating back what I'm listening while watching TV/film, though I do try to do it more quietly to myself. But take me to the movies and I'm one of those people you don't want to be with. Heck, I sang with the songs during The Muppets because I'd been listening to MCR memorizing the new songs at the time, *admits that might happen again next year with MMW.

*Sits back down, zonks out like :cool:.
They all fall down... All fall down... zzzzz...

Drtooth

Reaction score
*At the meeting...

Hi, I admit to being an MST3K fan... And I also admit to having a habit of repeating back what I'm listening while watching TV/film, though I do try to do it more quietly to myself. But take me to the movies and I'm one of those people you don't want to be with. Heck, I sang with the songs during The Muppets because I'd been listening to MCR memorizing the new songs at the time, *admits that might happen again next year with MMW.
That's not too bad. I mean, just loudly saying everything the characters just said (I should have known there was something bad going down... kid talked during the opening commercials too). That is, when I saw Turbo. Seeing Bolt was an experiance. The kid kept hitting me in the back of the head and running up and down the aisles. I should have scolded the woman as soon as the film finished. POOR parenting right there.

Of course, there was the little girl at Despicable Me 2 that went "BEEDO BEEDO" after the character did, but not enough to distract. it was kinda cute.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind that if I'm going to the movies I have to go with someone else to act as describer if something happens that I don't understand on the screen. That, or me and my friend are sometimes quibbling over the little oopses that the film got wrong during the moment. My current cinematic watchlist includes Hobbit 2: The Desolation of Smaug, Muppets Most Wanted, Maleficent, and then Hobbit 3: There and Back Again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, I knew they don't really have headphones for blind people to wear that describes everything that happens as it happens. Where did ARTHUR ever get the idea that they do?