40th Anniversary FP 1-2-3 SST Playset

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Heard about this being released thanks to an article on toughpigs last week. So, has anyone seen it yet? How do Hooper's Store and the brownstone connect? Does it have anything of the arbor area/carriagehouse/Gina's vet office in between? And how would it look with Palisades figures there?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It looks very, very hokey.

In the old days (70s and 80s), there were three different companies who came out with their own versions of Sesame playsets - Fisher Price, Illco, and Tyco (I think); the Tyco playset was very cookie-cutter compared to the other two (Illco wasn't too better, but at least it actually had a bit of an arbor), and this new one looks a lot like the Tyco one - it just simply opens up, there's no place for an arbor of any sort between them, it just opens into a straight street, with Hoopers and 123 sitting right next to each other.

The coloring is more accurate though; 123 is grayish, Hooper's is orange with a red awning, so I'm assuming they've been working on this sometime during 2002-2007. I wonder if the figures would be sold separately, if so, I could try to pick up some new ones (I could use the likes of Telly, Baby Bear, Count, among others) for my SST scale model, and yes, I know, I still gotta get pictures of it for you guys, I swear I will.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's safe looking. Not the best, but still kind of fun. Really wish I were on the team doing these. Even with the limitations it could be better. This is nice enough. Kind of fun actually, but in the under 7 quality range.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's why I ask. Think I'll pass, still got my eyes on that beaut of a Palisades proto prize.

BTW: Snowths, would the PVC figures of Sesame work well with your diarama?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BTW: Snowths, would the PVC figures of Sesame work well with your diarama?
Not Palisades, no, but most PVCs do; they tend to make all the Muppets about the same height (give or take a centimeter or two for Big Bird), so they work very nicely, they almost seem "human sized" on the scale.

I've an old Big Bird and Oscar from the Illco set, as well a Super Grover, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster and Zoe from a Fisher Price series from the late 90s, as well as an Elmo birthday cake figurine.

I'll try to include the figurines in the pics to give you guys an idea, especially for Big Bird's nest area. I also have crappy homemade figurines of Gordon, Susan, Maria, Luis and Alan made of little apple wood balls, and construction paper (I modeled them after the 70s Little People).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, okay then.

You know, I have a ton of the Applause SST PVC's, and some Disney ones too.

If you're doing Little People styled figures yourself, I'd recommend contacting Mr. Cole, he runs a blog posted in a thread here with fantastic figures he's made.

As for me, when I decide to get my counting characters into production, I'm gonna try to keep them in scale but just a smidge bigger than the Palisades Mini Muppets. Those are great, but the mini Swedish Chef's hands are just equal in height to the island, so all he can do is stand there without hands above to at least look like he's working at his station for an Iron Chef competition. :zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Those PVCs should work nicely for that playset. Personally, I would have created the set with an extended line of PVC characters to go with them. It's an easy way to get characters included with 2 or 3 packs. I don't like seeing Ernie without Bert. Just think of a three pack including Abby, Sherlock Hemlock and Herry. or Elmo, Roosevelt Franklin and Guy Smiley.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man, that's what we need more of. More bears and chickens and dogs and frogs and whatever! No, your friends won't watch the show... Because they're going to be in the show! Come on everybody!
*Marches out with Sherlock, Mumford, Elmo, Telly, Baby Bear, Roosevelt, Biff, Sully, Vincent Twice, Zoe, Rosita, Abby, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Grungetta, Guy Smiley, Don Music, Forgetful Jones, Herry, Frazzle, Ruby, Two-Headed Monster, Martians, Honkers, Grover, Count, Countess Dahling, Big Bird, Snuffy, Little Bird, Bruno, and Twiddlebugs.

Extra! Extra! Somebody's getting, er, turning 40!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would probably behoove me to get an Abby figurine for my scale as well.

Aw heck, here's a list of some of the characters I'd like to have figurines of for the scale...

• Abby
  • Baby Bear
  • Count
  • Prairie Dawn
  • Rosita
  • Snuffy
  • Telly

I don't know, has there ever been any form of merchandise for Horatio, or that little nameless Penguin Joey plays?