5.3 years on MC...where's the confetti?

beaker

Reaction score
Heyo!

I just wanted to throw confetti in the air and celebrate 5.3 years of myself being on Muppet Central forums. Yep, way back when, when it was http://www.geocities.com/muppetcentral using Delphi forums!
In retrospect it doesnt seem so long, tho 5 years in internet time seems like an eternity.

Since the late 90's I had aimlessly looked for Muppet sites...but it wasnt until the Fall of 1998 that I stumbled across this site.

Had MC been around in 1995 or 96 I would have probably found it some how^^ Just a quick recap...I think MC really helped galvanized and charge up myself and a lot of people's passion for the Muppets. I think MC single handedly forged a nexus for Muppet/JHC fans. Being a Muppet fan continues to be an underground thing, so I am grateful for having this little hub to go to. 1998 was a magical year for Muppet fandom, as there was a lot of hope and optimism for 1999...2000 ended up being the year that EMTV ripped our
hopes out...2001 will be known when we collectively dropped our jaws at the announcement and eventuality of Muppetfest. It was so great to finally put faces and personalities to the screenames and meet a lot of MCgoers! MF went down as one of the greatest moments of my life, and I felt bad for those who couldnt attend.(as well for the people who went, that I didnt get to meet, grrr!)

Til then we had only talked about fan gatherings. 2002 was known when the fans had a hand in the shape of the eventual merchandise comeback. 2002 also saw MC referenced by Kermit himself in a movie. 2003 saw JHC buy back JHC from the clutches of EMTV as well as the biggest Muppet merch year in two decades. There was also two Muppet mini greet tous, Oscar, and Kermit/Sweetums.

So what will 2004 bring? Not sure, but if I know JHC, they like to throw big news at us when we least expect it. So yes, 5.3 years on MC...we've had our epic flame wars, our collective joy, despair, and mayhem.

Sooo...just curious what some of your favorite memories are, and wondering where some of those old time posters went? Anyone on here from 1998/1999?

beaker

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Hehe, I didn't even have an e-mail address back in 1998! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I think I still have my old hotmail from 1996, heh. At any rate, as I always say...no better time to be a Muppet fan than now!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Cheerleard Manda walks up & begins her cheer:
C-O-R-Y!!! CORY!!! CORY!!! CORY!!! CORY!!!
Cory, Cory, been here a while,
Cory, Cory, makes us smile,
Cory, Cory, he loves MC,
Now let's cheer for CO-RY!!!!
*Confetti & balloomns come from the ceiling*
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
*enters in long white coat*

Oh there you are Manda. Come on. Let's go.

*takes Manda back to the 'home for old cheerleaders'*

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i was around when muppet central was using the old delphi board.

i'm always curious as to where all these people who register on this site go after they either post a few things or don't post at all.

ryan

dmx10101

Reaction score
I've been on here for a month and a half. I guess thats not too good.

jediX

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
i was around when muppet central was using the old delphi board.

i'm always curious as to where all these people who register on this site go after they either post a few things or don't post at all.

ryan
I would have been, had I known of it. I don't plan on going anywhere now, though. :smile: