7 Days O'Customs Day 7: SKEETER !!!!

Gonzo

Reaction score
For my last day of customs this week, I present a controversial figure, who never made it out of toddlerhood in built-Muppet form, but is seen in illustrations as a third-grader (approximately) in the Muppet Kids books in the early 1990's.

Of course, it's Scooter's twin sister, Skeeter.

According to Jim Henson, Skeeter wasn't seen as an adult because she was off exploring the Amazon. Well, in my storyline, after enduring the messy divorce that separated her and Scooter, a career in collegiate gymnastics cut short by a knee injury, years of an almost Lara Croft/Indiana Jones-like life, she felt something was missing in her life, and came back to her roots. After searching for almost a decade for her twin brother, who evidently was either mute or missing in action himself for that period, she found him just after Christmas, when the Muppets had just regained ownership and control over the Muppet Theatre.

She still hasn't quite figured out where she fits in, she's not as glamorous as Miss Piggy, not as laid-back as Janice, not as crazy as Gonzo or Animal...but she's finding her place, out of the nursery but back with her childhood friends.

So, I give you, SKEETER:

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=86082#post86082

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's some sweet bacon tiger! A fantastic way to finish the week.

Really like the details in her hair. Was it hard removing the glasses? Nice paint job too.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Thanks, Phil!

The hair was harder to remove than the glasses--the glasses rest in notches, and if you can get one piece of them popped out, the rest follow. Of course, that plastic is brittle enough that they also broke, so I don't have a set of Scooter Eyes just hangin around, so I don't recommend trying it at home just for kicks.

The hair I ended up having to get some pliers and pulling out that way--that Scooter isn't going to need Sam's Propecia anytime soon.

:attitude: :wink:

Glad you like her!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
a great custom, and the story made me crack up, as well!

Sarah

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
That's some sweet bacon tiger!

Sorry. It amused me to hear Phil say that. :stick_out_tongue:
But, anyhoo, Quinn, I LOVE IT!!! It looks GREAT!!!!