80 Hours of the 80s on VH1 Classic

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
All weekend long VH1 classic is doing this special where they are playing music from the 80s for uh...80 hours I guess :stick_out_tongue:

As of typing this, they are in the Gs. They just showed GnR.

I just hope that if they show any Ozzy songs I am watching it :concern:

They seem to be going in alphabetical order with the bands and songs

and they are playing some not so good songs. Oh well, I like 80s metal/hard rock, not just any 80s music.

anyone else waching this? Or we can talk about 80s music :smirk:
I find it hard to imagine I'm the only one who gets Classic

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh thanks for sharing, totally tubular, dude! I'll check it out, I adore '80s music. :excited:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I've been watching it off and on since yesterday. Yes they are playing some so so songs, but they're also playing some good songs too.

They just played several Billy Joel and Elton John songs/videos.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I've been watching some of that too this weekend! Very enjoyable!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm watching the video for "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie and it doesn't even go with the song. Ir's liek they decided to throw a bunch of random clips of stuff together for the heck of it and call it a "music video".

By the way, they showed a video earlier for the group Quarterflash singing "Harden My Heart". Great wicked song and cool video. The lead singer can play a mean killer saxaphone. I like to see some woman artist today do something like taht. But me thinks they can't.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm watching the video for "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie and it doesn't even go with the song. Ir's liek they decided to throw a bunch of random clips of stuff together for the heck of it and call it a "music video".
I love that Video for under pressure. There is a lot of stuff under pressure in the video.:wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I saw what I wanted :big_grin: They showed Bark At The Moon! The music video is so cheesy and doesnt really follow the song. It also confuses me a bit XD. But you gotta love the song.

Weird moment: When they showed the Shot in the Dark (I think) music video, I swear my moms hair looks exactly like how Ozzy had his hair. Its was scary

Did anyone see that one Genesis video with the puppets? Now that was freaky :eek: The song was good though :smirk:

dwmckim

Reaction score
(80's music is my fave)

The Genesis video was "Land of Confusion" which featured puppets from the British tv show "Spitting Image". This was one of the few times Americans got to see the great Spitting Image puppets on our screens (and the one seen by the most) There was also a tv special seen here and some random clips shown on the potpourri late-night show "Night Flight"

The American show DC Follies was highly inspired by Spitting Image (but not as good although it certainly had some great moments)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
thats interersting, but I still think they were kinda freaky :stick_out_tongue: Although not as scary as Mr Meaty. Those give me nightmares :concern: