BEAR

Reaction score
Well, it is that date of the year again that we as Americans will never forget. I am sure this topic has been brought up before, but since I am still fairly new, i will ask anyway...

Where were you on this day 4 years ago?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Ah yes, 911. I remember I was in 3rd grade when I heard the news. It was really heartwrenching, yes. But something that makes me sick( and I mean vomiting) is the stereotyping that goes around. My dad is competely Persian ( Iranian) and my Mom is American , so that makes me Half Iranian Half American. People would stop me at school threatening to beat me up because I might be a terrorist, which is stereotyping. I can't stand stereotypes. I always get really angry when someone stereotypes, y'know. It's just not fair. Here are people purposely going around labeling others just based on their physical appearance.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i was stopped and had my bag serched every time i flew from 1988-to now

i was 10 what was i going to blow up because i am lebanese americain

and my father has been detained in customs a couple times

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
@ Kimp: Isn't that horrible! :frown: Boy people think every Middle Eastern guy's a terrorist

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
i rememer the morning.i was 6,didnt understand.i saw the tv and said "cool buildings exploding!"but it was wrong,i didnt know better.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I was in French class, 11th grade, and I was shocked, there were rumors that our school, North, might also get hit, plus with news that President Bush was making a stop here in Nebraska, some of us were worried that that might make us a target. That was the second time in my life where something from the news set me and a bunch of my classmates in a tizzy. I'm sorry Kimp, they shouldn't be able to do that unless the person they suspect is old enough to be able to easily conceal a fire-arm or he does enough suspicious things to warrant a search.