A Celebration of Grover

BEAR

Reaction score
A Celebration of Grover!!

So I just purchased A Celebration of Me, Grover on DVD. It was great. I love the way they made it. Big Bird hosting, Ernie and Bert, Cookie. Clips of Kermit were there. I especially loved seeing the scene with Lena Horne for the first time. I have listened to the song a lot as it is one of my favs but never actually watched it. SO that was a treat. My favorite part was the montage of of Grover talking to all those kids. It was so wonderful. To me, those were Grover's best moments. My one complaint is I would have liked to have scene a few more characters appear. What were some of your favorite moments? What would you liked to have seen that they did not include?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I still haven't seen this but I plan on purchasing it very soon. Glad that you liked it, encouragement for me to buy it. Was Fat Blue there?

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I still haven't seen this but I plan on purchasing it very soon. Glad that you liked it, encouragement for me to buy it. Was Fat Blue there?
Oh, he was there alright! He was a pretty huge part of it actually.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yes, Fat Blue was there, in both segments and linking footage.

I am glad that they chose to include a Monsterpiece Theatre segment, but dissapointed that they edited out Allistar Cookies introduction and ending. It was good that Cookie Monster introduced the clip, but Roger Eberts cameo was unnessesary. During Cookie Monsters introduction, when he says that one reason that he likes grover is because they are both furry blue monsters, they should have leaded the scene to the Fuzzy And Blue song. That line should have introduced the song on the album version. Although I don't ever remember seeing The King And I before buying this DVD, I would have rather seen The Taming of The Shoe or Chariots of Fur instead.

It's too bad that Herry Monster and Prarie Dawn weren't at the roost.

I really like the ABC Disco segment, but since that was already availible on the Dance Along video, I would have prefered to have seen Rappin' Alphabet instead. Also, since Over, Under, Around, and Through was already on the Play-Along Games and Songs video, I would have liked to have seen grovers Near and Far segment instead.

I also wish that the televised version of Proud of Me was included, instead of an all-new version.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is one of my all-time favorite DVD's. If you haven't gotten it yet MrsPepper, DO, you'll love it! So many classic skits, and like BEAR said: Kermit clips.

BEAR

Reaction score
I really liked the opening number where ev everyone sings about all of his jobs. They should have included the time he sold Christmas trees though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
kermit clips

While there are Kermit clips, they are both very short and only seen during the opening montage of clips. We don't hear any dialog from those clips. It's too bad that complete Kermit clips weren't included. I wonder if there was any reason for it? I have read that Sesame Workshop has permission to continue using Kermit clips on the show and in various video productions.

:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
I wonder what Steve Whitmire thinks about not being able to do Kermit on Sesame Street anymore. His only character is Ernie.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I wonder what Steve Whitmire thinks about not being able to do Kermit on Sesame Street anymore. His only character is Ernie.

maybe he can introduce a new SS Character

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
maybe he can introduce a new SS Character

That would be awesome. Maybe they can give him a new monster character. Actually, we need more variety in animals on the show.