A Chrismas Gift to Muppet Fans

petrieboy

Reaction score
After a LOT of research,
I'm about to make your holidays a lot more jolly...

Go to AMAZON.COM.
Apply for the Amazon credit card.
Buy the Norcent 302 DVD Player for $49.99.
You get $30 off the player.
You get free shipping.
You get a $10 mail in rebate.

TOTAL COST FOR DVD PLAYER: $10.00 !!!!!!!!!

This dvd player has a well-known hack that enables you to watch dvds from any region.

Now, it's not over folks.
Go to yahoo.com's German site. Shop for The German edition of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas" DVD. It is the only version I have found that is presented in its original aspect ratio of 2:35:1 (The UK edition is only 1:85:1).
PLUS- according to the websites I checked, it includes the deleted scenes PLUS "Inside Pepe's studio."

I believe that even if the Norcent stretches the widescreen vertically (I never got an answer to that,) it will at least show up in 1:85 ratio... which is what the UK version is anyway- and you get the bonus features. Plus, you get the cool alternate cover that looks like Moulin Rouge.

Yayyyyy-hooooo!!!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Erm won't the DVD be dubbed in German ? Those German ones don't always have the English track on em y'know

petrieboy

Reaction score
It has the English track. My only worry was whether one could watch it without English subtitles showing... but someone mentioned in another thread that it shouldn't be a problem.

Whatever

Reaction score
petrieboy said:
It has the English track. My only worry was whether one could watch it without English subtitles showing... but someone mentioned in another thread that it shouldn't be a problem.
I'm not sure, but I have watched German DVDs in English without the subtitles showing. Are subtitles so bad anyway? I love 'em cause I'm hearing impaired and my family can't understand TV without them by now! Even though I can! (sorta, it depends)

petrieboy

Reaction score
Discontinued

As of today, the dvd player is no longer available.
:frown:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
petrieboy said:
Now, it's not over folks.
Go to yahoo.com's German site. Shop for The German edition of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas" DVD. It is the only version I have found that is presented in its original aspect ratio of 2:35:1 (The UK edition is only 1:85:1).
PLUS- according to the websites I checked, it includes the deleted scenes PLUS "Inside Pepe's studio."

I believe that even if the Norcent stretches the widescreen vertically (I never got an answer to that,) it will at least show up in 1:85 ratio... which is what the UK version is anyway- and you get the bonus features. Plus, you get the cool alternate cover that looks like Moulin Rouge.
I'am having trouble finding the DVD with those things on.
All I can come up with from Yahoo.de is this http://de.search.shopping.yahoo.com...ry+Merry+Muppet+Christmas+Movie+&did=&pf=&pt=
And the it says:

Bildformat 16:9 (1, 78:1)
Tonformat eng
Sprachen Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Spanisch, Polnisch
Untertitel Französisch, Spanisch, Niederländisch, Schwedisch, Finnisch, Norwegisch, Dänisch, Polnisch, Griechisch
Disktyp DVD-9
FSK ohne
Screen Menüs ger
Kapitel 16
Special Features Original Kino-Trailer/ Interaktives Menü & Szenenauswahl

So acording to this it don't contain any special features except Trailers.
But it does look like it's with another cover.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Who knows... but this site lists it...

http://www.dvdbrand.de/dvdshop/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=193

and Amazon.de also states that it has a 2:35 ratio.

I hope it's true. I just wish I didn't list the dvd player information just yet--- I was trying to sign my friend up for the same offer and saw that it was discontinued. But it was the 5th top Amazon seller anyway, so maybe none of the 70 or so readers here jumped on the bargain. You'd be crazy not to!

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
But wouldn't one also need to have a TV that is PAL format compatible?

:cool:

petrieboy

Reaction score
No, not with this dvd player.
With some multi region players, yes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would such a DVD player play expensive Japanese Region 2 DVD's on a regular TV? Say something like THIS?

I have to see that... I wish I could find a hong Kong Bootleg....