A funny observation about The Gorg's Garden and Outerspace

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
This is something I could never quite understand. Okay Gobo was the one who picked up the postcards in outerspace, and Mokey was the one who picked up the Radishes at the Gorg's garden. None of the other Fraggles besides Gobo and Uncle Matt went into outerspace, except in the final episode when they all went in (except Boober) and in The Secret of Convincing John Wembley walked in there but we didn't actually see him in there. Now while the other Fraggles steered clear of Outerspace, other Fraggles other than Mokey were seen a lot in the Gorg's Garden. It's funny the way this worked. Outerspace was a forbidden place, but the Gorg's Garden wasn't. I always wished they would have had the other Fraggles go into outerspace more. I used to always cringe when they were just about to. Like a few times when Red was gonna go in, or the time Boober was gonna walk in cause he had his lucky bottlecap, but Wembley kept blocking him. I remember as a 6 year old watching that episode yelling at Wembley saying "Just let him go in you jerk!" I just think at least a few times they should have had some other Fraggles other than Gobo go into outerspace. Do you remember the episode "Don't cry over spilled Milk" wouldn't it have been a lot better if it was Wembley or Boober that got trapped in there, and not Gobo? They would have been much more frightneded that's for sure. :smirk:

luvtosr

Reaction score
But if more fraggles went into Outerspace then Uncle Matt wouldn't be considered so brave and his postcards not so important (or not depending on whether you're Red).

The thing is the Gorg's garden had always been there, it was familiar, provided much of their food and homed their Oracle. Outer Space had been a legend until the fraggle hole 'magically' opened allowing Matt to peer out into the strange land, nobody knew what it would be like or what dangers it held, it's natural that only a very few would be brave enough to step out into the unknown.

Xerus

Reaction score
I've always wondered where in the world the Gorgs' Garden is located and how no humans have ever discovered that place yet.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I've always wondered where in the world the Gorgs' Garden is located and how no humans have ever discovered that place yet.
"The Woozle World also has an outdoors which is in another world. You see, when we went down the Woozle Hole, it was like going through the back of the wardrobe in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, or down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland."

--From Jim Henson's notebook

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
But remember in one epiosde of Fraggle Rock Doc brought back some artifacts from a sunken ship found in the harbor that was called the Gorgana or something like that. It was the episode Gobo got caught by the Gorgs and Sprocket got caught in the Fraggle Hole and Doc got an old Doozer helmet, that he thought was a ring stuck on his finger.

So it might be possible that the Gorg's World and Outerspace are linked together somehow, other than through Fraggle Holes.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
In "The Gorg Who Would Be King", Doc & Sprocket observe a meteor shower. The 'meteor' they find is actually Junior's crown.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Suppose that there is a time-warp involved in the existence of The Gorgs and Fraggles and the magical caverns of Fraggle Rocks with the Outerspace of Doc's World?

Beauregard

Reaction score
By which you are saying, the gorgs are our ancestors and the crown was thrown through time? Now that explains it all...no wonder we are the way we are...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Well, I don't think it's located in "our world"---I think it's in some sort of other world, or in-betweeny place, since Gorg artifacts had been transported to our world. Maybe just a slight dimension. No one knows the exact answer, but it's always been very intriguing...it makes you wonder what's beyond Castle Gorgola, and in the other way, beyond the garden (though we saw some Gorg World forest and swamp area in "The Great Radish Caper", and a mysteriously-located area in the one where Wander McMooch takes Philo and Gunge prisoner and drags them while he rides his bike (can't remember the name o' that one).

Such a mysterious, complex, wonderful world...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
In "The Gorg Who Would Be King", Doc & Sprocket observe a meteor shower. The 'meteor' they find is actually Junior's crown.
Did Junior throw the crown? Could Junior throw something so good that it goes very far around the world?