A Look Back to 1990: Disney and Henson

Luke

Reaction score
I completely agree FooFooCakes, this is indeed the worrying aspect of it. I don't think he would have had complete creative control with the original merger but he would certainly have had more influence than Henson would now.

Then again, the Muppets are a long established brand and making drastic changes to the creative elements of the company may well wreck their investment so hopefully they are smart enough to work things out for the best over time and not just rush in there. I'm in two minds about it all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lets not forget all the kiddified Muppet projects that Henson released before Jim's death. I went back and read Jerry Juhl's inverview on Muppet Central and was struck about what he said about characters in constant evolution. I think there's room for the Muppets to make projects for all markets. I just hope they don't focus on the kids' stuff. Sesame already has that spot. :smile:

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Awww man!!:frown: That would have been sooo COOL If the Disney/Henson Muppet Animated show (or movie?) went off the drawing bord. That would have been awasom to see Kermit and Gonzo and Fozzie as Cartoons, u know?:smile: Well IF this Disney sale goes....MAYBE, just maybe we COULD see the Muppet cartoon get off the ground (but make it good and NOT to cheap:big_grin: ) The Disney TV does SAME (i sayed just Some, NOT all cartoons) good!:zany:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not really all that interested to see Muppets as cartoons. Computer animated, I think it would work. Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock (both from Marvel), easier to picture. But THE Muppets, I don't know.

But to see the Muppets (whoever they are) have a dynamic presence on TV and the theme parks (Muppet Studios!), it would've been sweet.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Lets remember that The Muppets did go onto the Screen in cartoon form in Little Muppet Monsters.

I actually liked those Cartoon bits, And would have watched a whole 25 minute show of it !
The only bad thing was some of the voices, Other than that i liked it alot!

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, the animation was crummy. The Muppets deserve Disney quality, not cheap TV toons drawn in Korea. I think that's what Jim was talking about in the article.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
Lets remember that The Muppets did go onto the Screen in cartoon form in Little Muppet Monsters.
Oh yeah, I remember a second of that from the "30 Years" special. What were those 3 episodes about. Those cartoons were Marvel too, right?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
OK, I can click the link in this thread to get to the article, but where on the SITE is it (and the Kermit-Mickey picture)? I still read it from time to time.

BTW, ROCK (as in Fraggle Rock) is spelled ROSCK in the article.

Luke

Reaction score
Well it's in a directory in 'articles' called 'archives' but there isn't an archives section yet, be cool if that happens.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
OK, I can click the link in this thread to get to the article, but where on the SITE is it (and the Kermit-Mickey picture)? I still read it from time to time.

BTW, ROCK (as in Fraggle Rock) is spelled ROSCK in the article.
Just added the picture to the article for you. Also, corrected the typo. The article will be linked from the main site soon.