A Monster at the End of This Book

bisforbubble

Reaction score
There's a Monster at the end of This Book

I was at a local supermarket last week, picking up a book, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw (in the Children's section of course), "There's a Monster at the End of This Book". I haven't read it since I was a kid, so I stood in the middle of the store, and read it. What literature! I love that book. :wink:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. There's even a sequel with Elmo called "Another Monster at the End of This Book." I've never read it, but I have seen it quite a few times before.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I LOVE that book and I've seen it come back onto the shelves recently too at my local A&P and Marshall's. My printing was from 1977, but I looked at the publication date and I'm pretty sure it was originally published in 1969, so this is definately a book that proves the Muppet's staying power.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I loved MATEOTB,such a classic.My brother owned it,I would go into his room and read it all the time.Used to frighten me as a kid.I've seen it in bookstores and read through it,from time to time;just for the memory.:zany:

Whatever

Reaction score
I love it! My mom always read it to me in her best Grover voice. I tried to make her read it to me this summer, but she was too embarrased, so I read it on my own.

Whatever

Reaction score
She didn't think her Grover voice is any good.

Xela

Reaction score
AHHH!!!

I did that the other day in the bookstore! I found it, and I was like, "yay!".

I wonder what ever happened to MY copy of that book... :concern:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Whatever said:
She didn't think her Grover voice is any good.
Well, is it a good Grover voice? Tell her if she doesn't re-perform it for you, she'll have to perform it for all of us! :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Well, is it a good Grover voice? Tell her if she doesn't re-perform it for you, she'll have to perform it for all of us! :smile:
Heh heh. I think it's good. It's isn't quite Frank Oz's, but you can tell it's Grover.
She's the best at Donald Duck and the Wicked Witch of the West, though.