A Muppet Family Christmas

BlueAM

Reaction score
I thought I'd post this message because it's that time of year again.

So I was just wondering:

1. Who are your favorite characters in MFC?
I would have to say the Snowman and the Turkey, among dozens more.

2. What are your favorite scenes?
Mine would be the following:
All the crowd scenes
The carol sing
Fozzie singing with the Snowman
The Muppet Babies scene ("It's Miss Hamheart, when she was just a little sausage roll!")
The Sesame Street Pageant
Kermit and Robin meeting the Fraggles
Miss Piggy's song ("Careful for the icy patch!" LOL)
The Sesame Street gang caroling ("I will NOT sing this song!")
Jim and Sprocket washing the dishes while everyone else is having a good time
And, most of all (drumroll, please)....
THE ICY PATCH!!!!!!!!!!

So tell me, what are yours? (I hope your'e out there, Terry Angus!)

BlueAM
"And there's Rowlf when he was a wee puppy!"
"I wasn't so wee! I was paper trained!"

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
I love the snowman so much. Favorite Scenes? *the one where the electric mayhem is playing. I love it when Bunsens glasses boune to the back of his head. * when cookie monster eats Janice's cookies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since you asked for it:
1 Favorite Characters from the movie include Cookie Monster, Animal, Janice, my namesake natch, The Count von Count, and Doc.
2 Favorite Scenes are:
a. The scene where the Sesame Street carollers come marching down the slopes and stop in front of the open bay window.
b. The scene where Cookie Monster devours Janice's plate of freshly made cookies, followed by Animal's reply "That my kinda fella!"
c. The performance of "Jingle Bell Rock" by the Electric Mayhem because the Mayhem gets to perform and this is my favorit Christmas song.
d. The scene where Big Bird and the Swedish Chef gather in the kitchen and end up singing a version of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...".
e. The scene where Kermit and Robin meet the Fraggles inside their Fraggle-caverns.

Could keep on going, but I gotta leave some scenes for the rest of the posters who come merrily a-wassaling in our trails.
BTW: BlueAM, still waiting on your reply to a question posed about a certain cast of characters. Let me know when we can get together to discuss the subject.

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
I watced it tonight I liked all of it especially when the electric mayhem played jingle bell rock the best chacter [for this specia]l was the snowman great & it good seeing some of the main muppets as babies they were so cute but was that the first time or the second time that the baby muppet puppets were shown because as everyone know they're in Muppets take manhattan ?
Comical_DrBob

Fiery Princess

Reaction score
I got Muppet Family Christmas as a gift last year and believe me, the family were all gathered around watching it as soon as we finished opening gifts! I was SO excited!!

My favorite characters: Fozzie's mom (she is so adorable!); the turkey, Robin, Kermit, Big Bird....actually naming favorites is going to take all day because I love everyone in this movie :stick_out_tongue:

My #1 favorite moment is most definitely Jim Henson's appearance at the end, it makes me smile to see him everytime I watch the movie! I also like when Robin and Kermit find Fraggle Rock; all of the singing parts (I love Muppet songs) and of course...the icy patch-LOL.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Favorite Characters:

First off, Scooter and Robin, natch. I'll also have to list Gobo and Mokey, along with the snowman.

Favorite Scenes/Moments:

• The "icy patch" running (or would that be slipping?) gag.
  • Fozzie and the snowman telling jokes outside, then later trying it inside and getting heckled by Statler and Waldorf.
  • "Jingle Bell Rock," as performed by the Electric Mayhem.
  • Watching the tape of the Muppets' first Christmas, and Animal bursting through the screen after baby Animal pops up out of a present in the tape. (Scooter: "Some things never change.")
  • Robin and Kermit meeting the Fraggles (although I wish it could have been longer!), and Boober giving Robin his Fraggle Pebble.
  • The Sesame Street gang singing "Deck the Halls," except for Oscar ("I will NOT sing this song!")
  • The Sesame Street Christmas pageant, especially Two-Headed as Santa Claus!
and finally,
  • The Muppets carol sing, particularly Scooter singing "Ding-dong, Merrily on High," and the group singing "Old Friends, New Friends" from The Christmas Toy.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I love that movie!
My Favorite characters: This is too hard since I love them all but to name a few I'd have to say-the Snowman, Kermit, Swedish Chef, Doc, Sam, Fozzie's mom, Gonzo...
Favorite Scenes:
Every singing scene-especially the end, I love the medly, and Jingle Bell Rock, and Deck the Halls and like I said, all of them
Fozzie and Snowman's routine
the Icy Patch
Gonzo and Animal sleeping on hangers
Perhaps I should make this easy on myself and just say all of it!!

But my absolute favorite part is Jim in the kitchen at the end:smile:

Happy Holidays everybody!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I was just watching this! Favorite characters are Big Bird and Mrs.Bear. favorite scene is the finale singing all those different christmas songs,and then seeing Jim Henson.