A Muppety Wedding

rurulesunc

Reaction score
A Muppety Wedding

.... or how to know that your fiance really loves you.

So let me preface this by saying that I am getting married in May of 2003, so my fiance and I are deep in the planning phase. We have been trying to find a song for me to walk down the aisle to. We didnt want any of the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" or "Cannon" stuff.

So I have been playing with this idea in my head and last night I finally told my fiance about it. He loved it!..

soooooooooooo

I will now be walking down the aisle to....

"He'll Make me Happy" from MTM!!!!!

There can be nothing better in this world to walk down the aisle to the same song that Miss Piggy did! =)

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I think that "He'll Make Me Happy" is an excellent choice. Any other Muppety touches planned for your wedding? My husband and I had a few Muppet style surprises in our wedding too. When it comes to planning a wedding, I'd have to recommend going 'whole hog'! :wink:

Did someone mention cake?

Sweetums

Reaction score
That's really cool! Congratulations!!

I've always wanted that song to be a part of my wedding. :smile:

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Awwww

That's hilariously sweet! What a good beau you have!
Good people like that do exist? I'm so inspired, really. Awesome!

*puts on Sam suit and starts quoting presidential addresses*

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
That's great! What a guy. I've planned far into the future myself and decided the one thing I want my wife to let me contribute to the wedding (since women usually have them already all planned out, I guess) is the song from TMM: "Never Before and Never Again". But "He'll Make Me Happy" was made for times like this. Every time you watch that film you'll remember your wedding! I wish the best of luck to you two, even if it is still seven months away.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

As for other Muppet touches, we plan on having the "Good Grief! The Comedian's a Bear" sound bit play before the wedding while everyone is getting seated so that it isnt such a surprise when they hear Miss PIggy singing as I come down the aisle. Once the bridal party leaves and the people are still sitting at the end of the ceremony we plan to have the Statler and Waldorf "You didnt miss much" sound bite play. (Can you tell I have been constantly playing the 25th anniversary CD?) The head table at the reception may have a Muppet theme too.

Lu775

Reaction score
That sounds really great- congratulations!

"Because you have a love so big, I now pronounce you Frog and Pig!"