A NEW ThunderCats cartoon in 2011!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And also, I heard that Larry Kenney who was the original voice of Lion-O will be voicing Lion-O's father in this new series.
Yeah I heard that as well, that's really cool! Though personally I think Larry still sounds enough like Lion-O to play him. :wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Nice to have some of the original voice talent still involved!:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This website, Thundercatslair.org, has interviews with the original Thundercats voice actors, writers and production staff:

http://www.thundercatslair.org/animated-series/original-series/interviews/

Wow...just wow...as soon as I heard Peter Newman I thought, "Oh my gosh, that's Tygra!" Lol, quite a surreal experience! And as the description says, his reaction when the interviewer forgets to mention he also voiced Wiley Cat is quite priceless, lol.

I can't believe they used to do all the voices in real time, including actors who performed more than one character. I imagine that's not easy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching some episode of She-Ra or something, one of the ones where He-Man cameoed, and we nearly blew drinks out of our noses over a "no touchy" type message. Our jaws hit the floor before we nearly died laughing. "I have a big sword that I use to chop monsters into little bitty pieces ... but if Skeletor says you have nice knockers, watch out." LOL ...
I hate to requote, but I just got this box set of He-Man dirt cheap (one that's out of print, mind you), among other reasons, so I don't have to stay up until Midnight to see the same 5 episodes...

But anyway, there was this episode about the backstory of Man E. Faces, and it was this deep thing about how he was considered a freak, everyone treated him like crap, so he became a bully and terrorized the Hobbits... errr Widgets, and the message of the show itself was "sometimes the worst people are actually hurting the most."

Guess what the end moral was?

Actors need to rehearse.

No kiddin'

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But anyway, there was this episode about the backstory of Man E. Faces, and it was this deep thing about how he was considered a freak, everyone treated him like crap, so he became a bully and terrorized the Hobbits... errr Widgets, and the message of the show itself was "sometimes the worst people are actually hurting the most."

Guess what the end moral was?

Actors need to rehearse.

No kiddin'
I might have seen that end moral on the DVD for the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special. Was it the one where Orko asks Man E. how to remember things?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I might have seen that end moral on the DVD for the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special. Was it the one where Orko asks Man E. how to remember things?
Yeah... that's the one.

Seriously, they build up a whole case about bullying and how it catches, causes victims to turn into instigators and they wind up telling kids how to remember things.

Now that's Mustard on the Cat, right there...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah... that's the one.

Seriously, they build up a whole case about bullying and how it catches, causes victims to turn into instigators and they wind up telling kids how to remember things.
Yeah I get ya, but also I'll also defend the idea a bit. Victims of bullying should be presented as having their own lives and interests outside of just being a victim. Plus they probably wanted to redeam the character a bit after showing him terrorizing the Widgets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, that was pretty much the theme of the episode... I saw it a few nights back so it should STILL be fresh.

Anyway, Man E. was ostracized by society because of having a beast face and a human face, wound up becoming a loner, and had no where else to turn. He wound up going to the Hobbits... arggh Widgets (they look SO much like refugees from an unsold Lord of the Rings pilot) and pushing them around for food and shelter. Skeletor watches this from his 1980's cartoon bad guy "I can see EVERYTHING" device, abducts him, pushes him around for his abilities, and has Beastman take total control of his beastly half.

So basically, Man E. winds up getting a taste of his own medicine and repents after the He-Mensch saves him. he then becomes the most famous actor in Eternia.

So basically the THEME of the episode is not only is bullying bad and not to wind up passing that on to someone else, it's also that sometimes people are nasty because no one reaches out to them.

So here's the moral I'd see:

He-Man: In today's episode we saw that Man E. Faces was constantly bullied, leading him to become one himself. Now, in real life, I can't just come over to help you by stock animation punching someone in the face. Bullying is a vicious cycle, and if you find yourself in the same situation, there's a sure fire way to have that cycle end on you. Just be passive aggressive. Take all the crap everyone gives you with a smile on your face, and come home and complain about it to your friends, your family, even out loud to yourself. Remember, if you call those guys hog faced sexual deviants to their faces, they'll rip your lower intestines out... but doing it in private to no one that cares works just as well.

(Yeah, I'm half joking... but that very advice kept me out of fights and or more violent actions)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So basically, Man E. winds up getting a taste of his own medicine and repents after the He-Mensch saves him. he then becomes the most famous actor in Eternia.
Right, so I think the point of that end moral was just to say "that's all over and he's a good guy now." I imagine that is something they are concerned about on kids shows, making sure kids aren't permanently afraid of a character and understand that we can make mistakes and then move on.

He-Man: In today's episode we saw that Man E. Faces was constantly bullied, leading him to become one himself. Now, in real life, I can't just come over to help you by stock animation punching someone in the face.Bullying is a vicious cycle, and if you find yourself in the same situation, there's a sure fire way to have that cycle end on you. Just be passive aggressive. Take all the crap everyone gives you with a smile on your face, and come home and complain about it to your friends, your family, even out loud to yourself.
Hey, it's not bad advice! :wink:

Btw, one more thing about that end moral, is it just me or was the voice actor for Man E. told "Get this done in under two seconds!"? His delivery was freakin fast! Lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
I... uh... guess I should tell you the thing was in flashback form, and they were talking to him at the beginning saying "He wasn't always this friendly" or something like that. Guess that was an important thing to the flow of the show.

But really... "remember to remember stuff kids." Makes sense... :eek: