A Possible Fanfic?

KarinTeeth

Reaction score
Now, bear with me---it wouldn't be the first Muppet fic I've written(though a better one at that). It's just that... well... it's a slash fic. And according to my older sister I've still got fourteen years lefts before I can even THINK about writing one. I mean, I've read a DKC slash fic written by a TEN-year-old before but I can't write one?!

OK... that was getting off topic... anyway, read this here snipet of a possible fanfic and tell me whether or not I should continue it. I do not own The Muppets and a LOT of you are going to hate me for this.,

X

Near Silence

X

"Hey, Rowlf, I got the bar sheets you wanted." The chocolate lab Muppet looked up to see the green Muppet walking towards him. the dog held out his hand.

"Hey, thanks, Dr. Teeth," he said, taking the paper as the keyboardist sat beside him.

"What was this one called again?"

"Don't have a title just yet." Gently Rowlf caressed the keys and a soft, harmonious humming sound emmitted from the piano. "Want to hear it?"

"Sure."

The way the piece sounded to Dr. Teeth made him think back to that movie about Beethoven. Was it just him, or was Rowlf kind of like a modern-day version of the famous musician but with the ability to hear? The dog's paws glided across the note keys, leaving behind a wonderful tone that the other pianist got so lost in as he listened that he didn't even realize the former had stopped until he was shaking his shoulder.

"You OK?" Rowlf asked.

"Yeah," Dr. Teeth replied. "Yeah, I'm-I'm OK. It was just a beautiful piece, I got so lost in its majestical balance of peace."

(A/N: AHHH!!!!! CAN'T DO DR. TEETH TALK!!!!! AHHH!!!!!

An odd silence filled the room. Neither noticed the slight color change on the band leader's cheeks from green to red as he bit his finger. He was about to speak when suddenly a familiar tune from the 1970s remade in the 2000s rang through the room.

Day after day I'm more confused
Yet I look for the light through the pouring rain
You know that's a game that I hate to lose
And I'm feeling the strain
Oh, ain't it a shame?

Just give me the beat, boys
And free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n' roll
And drift away
Give me the beat, boys
And free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n' roll
And drift away
Won't you take me away?

Even the same ringers on their cells? Incredible.

"Yeah?" Rowlf answered. "Well, get Kermit to get you out!" A muffled voice on the other end. He sighed. "OK. Fine. I'll be right there." He hung up and turned to his companion. "Harry's in jail..."

"Did he try to blow the store up again?" Dr. Teeth asked.

"Quite possibly."

X

Please don't flame... D:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hello KarinTeeth,

Folks here are pretty good-natured and not likely to flame.

Your build-up to the story was actually a bit more dramatic than your story. There's not enough here to really tell what the story is going to be--just a teaser sort of scene that could open up into any sort of action, so it's hard to judge whether the story (which we haven't really seen yet) is going to go somewhere interesting. It could go somewhere interesting--keep going and we'll see.

Here are some questions: I don't know what Dr. Teeth is turning from green to red for? Is he embarrassed? Holding his breath? Trying to keep from saying something? Keep in mind that we don't know what your characters are doing unless you tell us or show us.

You mentioned that this is slash story, which means a romantic story. I don't see any reason that should get you flamed as long as you do it skillfully. We usually LIKE romance around here, and some people (cough, cough) push the envelope a little. If you are worried that someone won't like your pairing, I wouldn't. Scooter currently has about forty-eleven different partners in various fan-fics here. Nobody seems to be having a conniption fit and Scooter certainly isn't complaining--LOL!

Put your energy into WRITING, not into worrying what people will think about what you write.

Good luck!

Auntie Ru

KarinTeeth

Reaction score
Yeah, but here, "slash" means yaoi---male/male pairings. So Dr. Teeth's face could be red from trying not to say anything AND being embarrassed.

Anyway, thanks for the tips/comments. I'm used to putting fanfictions on an actual fanfiction site, not a forum. And this is my first time doing it for a Muppet forum(I've done it with DKC before but still). I don't really get a lot of reviews on my other fics and am usually discussing my stories with my friend or my sister(as mentioned in the thread). Honestly---I write more reviews than the total number of review and stories I have combined so it's a bad habit it there's more energy in how I'm going to take people's thoughts on it than the actual story.

Also, I'm pretty new to slash stuff. Usually it's more humorous, more adventurous, more family-centered. And I've been writing since about fourth grade. the original title was something like "****'s Gate" or "****'s Love" or "****'s Loving Silence" because it was also supposed to be a tragedy...

But still, thanks! And don't worry---the sadisticism is usually not that bad. :stick_out_tongue:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Um, maybe I am misunderstanding you, or maybe you are mis-using the word, but sadisticism is not a real word.

Sadism is defined as the condition in which sexual gratification depends on causing pain or degradation to others. I think I'm on pretty safe ground here when I say that THAT would NOT be acceptable on this forum, which is family friendly. Nobody seems to mind, um, relations between consenting adults, but anything that strays into unhealthy territory would probably best be left to another type of forum.

I'll leave it to the moderators to decide, but I think you should not post that sort of story here. And here's a word of advice from an older, adult writer--if you don't know how to use the word correctly, you probably shouldn't be using it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC, KarenTeeth. If you're going for a slash angle, I'd recommend reading/studying/talking to Kim, known as Slackbot, and her Scooter/Janken Fraggle pairing found in her stories. They're listed under her name in the FLI (Fanfic Library Index) thread, and there's also her latest offering titled TMS Fic: Growing Together.

Also, if there's a certain song or scene you'd want to have in your story, it might prove prudent to change it around a little if the rating's too high for our forum ambiance.
Hope this helps and have a good day. :wisdom:

KarinTeeth

Reaction score
I was never actually going to continue the story here, Ruahnna, it was merely a question. And when I meant sadism, it was meant to show that I'm rather crazy, not that I have a gore or sex addiction. At least you are one of the people online who let me down easy when I do something wrong. Usually they go into rants like I tend to do. I had had no sleep for almost 24 hours when I wrote that. X3

Hi-ho and thanks, Count. (The 'i' was purposely placed in the name, by the way.) I've read her fic and have yet to put a feedback on it. 'Tis a very good story. :big_grin: I do not understand the last thing you said though. :/

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, Karin, welcome to the board (not the surfboard...that would be ridiculous, there's only room for one! *splash*) Okay, well, welcome to the board! Experimental fanfiction (i.e. Slash) is of course welcome here, but you must be prepared (as I'm sure you are!) to see it either criticized or ignored (or praised! Who knows!)

I think I know what you meant the the sadistic comment, meaning that you (like Gonzo) often focus of the sader, more tragic possible aspects of the Muppets. Perhaps you meant sadomasochistic though, meaning you cause yourself pain (ala. Gonzo) for pleasure (figuratively, not literally, I'd imagine...)

I think I have a similar sort of approach to the Muppets myself, while I love, enjoy and snortle at all the humour and lightheartedness, I do love it when they let their inner hurts show (Fozzie's failure, Piggy's insecurity, Beauregard's loneliness, Kermit's reluctant leader side). For me, that's what makes them three(or four) dimentional characters as opposed to the Simpson's more cardboard cutouts.

Anyway, if you do continue the story here, that would be fine. As Ed (The Count of Muppet Cristo) suggested, this is really a PG rated board though, so do be sure to judge where the boundaries are and be careful around them.

KarinTeeth

Reaction score
Thanks, Beauregard. Sadomasochistic? Um, not really. I mean sometimes I cry at the junk I write but I don't hurt myself. And I'm used to my fics being ignored so there's SOME immunity there. XD And Slackbot I really DO love your fic.

So sorry if this post is poorly written and so small. My puppy keeps trying to dismember one of my stuffed animals.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks, Beauregard. Sadomasochistic? Um, not really. I mean sometimes I cry at the junk I write but I don't hurt myself.
I think *all* writers are sadomasochistic when it comes to writing things that make them silently weep...(Have you met Lisa/TogetherAgain? She's heartless when it comes to bringing characters down, in order to bring them back up again in a finally uplifting fashion).