And obsession.
With a small grain of doubt
I feel the oppression.

Oh well <sigh>
There will be no FanFic
Written by me.
I have come to relize
It can never be.

First of all...Can I never write short poems?...Nevermind. My problem is that I had this great idea for a FanFic, but then it hit me...I don't know the Muppets well enough to write a FanFic about them...You'd all come to relize I was a fraud, and you'd complain on how unlike themselves the Muppets are....so another FanFic bites the dust <sigh>.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Nyssa... Don't worry, I find myself with the same problem/doubts when it comes to what I love to do most of all... Create my own quirky little characters. But because of my blindness, I stopped drawing them and was forced to write down my ideas... And when I'm feeling good about the batch cooked up in my imagination... That's when doubt sets in, my mind gets swept by something else probably easier than my own efforts, and I just destroy it all.
But take comfort in knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... Just set your mind to moving on and pick something you like. There's bound to be something that'll hold your interest and power it through as you work on it little by little.
Hope this helps somewaht... As I'm trying to decide myself.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
This does intreague me. I mIf you don't mind, I would be very much interested in helping you in any way I can. I'm sure everyone else here feels the same way. If you think your idea can be salvaged at all, then let us know, and we'll see what we can do.

RedDragon

Reaction score
I think the idea is perfectly sound (if maybe a bit controversial...maybe not...I don't know). My problem is I don't think I can stay true to the Muppets...I don't think I can write they're personalities correctly and such...Maybe I'll put my idea on the back burner and have Ryan or Lisa (when she gets back) help me write it, then you know it will be good :smile: ...I just don't know...We'll see...

christyb

Reaction score
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. Go ahead and write! My very first fanfic had problems with it. (It's called Return To The Magic if you really wanna go dig it up) Every fic does. We're here to help you out and make you a better writer. That and no matter what it is everyone loves it anyway. So go on ahead and write it...especially after you wrote that poem..you got my curiousty up and I would love to read it.

RedDragon

Reaction score
hmmm, dang poem <shakes fist at it> Making people curious :smile: ...My brain likes to make poems all by itself, it's easier then writing a story...Maybe I will write it...but when I have such a great FanFic writer as a close friend I would be foolish not to talk to her...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Nyssa, I'm here for you. Just lmk if you need me to help and I'll get there faster than Miss Piggy on a 70% off sale at Tiffany's. :smile: :big_grin: :excited:

RedDragon

Reaction score
Hahahahahahaha...it's good to hear I can count on you...