A puppet show that insulted the Muppets

thatonekid

Reaction score
yeah I don't really like that show very much.
it's kinda painful to watch.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Crank Yankers fan in the world but the Muppets are fair game for parody - they've been spoofing others for nearly 50 years after all. Jim Henson strikes me as the kind of person who had a sense of humour about things and was a good sport.

thatonekid

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I'm not the biggest Crank Yankers fan in the world but the Muppets are fair game for parody - they've been spoofing others for nearly 50 years after all. Jim Henson strikes me as the kind of person who had a sense of humour about things and was a good sport.
i totally agree with buck

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've seen the Big Bird sketch on Crank Yankers, and I actually like the show quite alot. Probably because theres a lack of puppets on TV in this part of the globe. Theres a few parts that are soo funny and others that can be a bit like they were aimed at someone who is very immature!

I don't know what Jim Henson would have thought because in The World of Jim Henson Documentary, Frank Oz said he was never precious about his characters, he didnt mind them being laughed at or people joking about them.

It does annoy me when people make Sesame Street characters out to be drug addicts and showing them smoking, its not even funny, and its getting pretty old now.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Could you give me a link to where I can purchase this documentary? Or is it an extra on some DVD perhaps?

I'm looking for anything I can get my hands on that'll explain to me how Jim Henson worked. Especially on The Dark Crystal movie. I knew there was a book "No Strings Attached" but I can't find anything on this documentary. I could find something about a documentary of the Dark Crystal. But I don't think that's actually going to be very informative. Just one of those standard so called 'behind the scenes' documentary's of 5 minutes I guess.

Thanks for the information.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Cool thanks!

I should've been able to find it myself though. I guess I'm just lazy. So is the Dark Crystal documentary very informative or not? It's quite long so I guess they show alot then.

I only saw the Superbit DVD, doesn't have any extra's

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well all other version than the superbit has it :smile: . You can check out the collectors edition. Among other things it has a copy of Jims notebook with the notes he made when he was working on the movie
The dokumentary has interveiws and behind the scences clips. It gives a good picture of how the develoment of the movie went.