A question about mics

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Nice... thats what i'm looking for. I wanted to call it a sound bord.. but wasn't sure if thats what i was thinking.

This perticular one holds 10 mics? I'm fine with that as i need something with about 4-5 for regular use... but when making home videos... 10s good too :smile: thnx for the help

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
It looks like a crazy good price and Behringers are known to be "clean" mixers. The "bus" is kinda a separate output channel that you can send your mixed channels to. So then you are controlling the volume of your two puppet voices (recorded with 2 mics on two different channels) with just the bus volume slider if that makes sense. It is mostly used for live stuff.

The mixer has two XLR inputs for xlr style mics and has a pre amp if they are phantom powered. So this can use 2 xlr mics, and 6 mics with 1/4" connection or adapter.

I did a whois lookup on the domain and they look to be legit, but no reseller ratings.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
well i went to a guitar center today to locate this... and i did. I paid the $99 price for the Eurorack UBB1002. 10 input/2bus line.

I'm still foggy on it and i have a bad habit of buying things without knowing everything i need.

SO... now i need to return my camera since i know now that the camera i bought doesn't allow mic set up. I need a camera with a shoe (if spelled the same).

Now i need to look up how on earth i'm suppossed to hook up this eurorack ubb1002 to a camera... why cant they just make these easier? lol

mercnrufus

Reaction score
Cookie, many home/consumer video cameras have a RCA and or stereo mini 1/8" audio input jack, allowing you to run a line out from the mixer to the camera.

Another cheap option might be to run your existing camera's video signal out to a VCR or stand alone DVD recorder video in, along with the Behingers line out to the VCR audio in. Recording to a VCR/DVD deck would also allow you to monitor live video during taping. Sure it's not going to be broadcast quality but it's a great cheap way to work the bugs out of your project.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Radio Shack has 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, 1/8" to RCA (mono only I think), etc. It looks like you have both RCA and 1/4" outputs on the mixer.

You can also hook up headphones to the mixer so you can listen to the mixed output.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
thanks for the help. when i was looking around i saw a diagram which instead of being hooked into the camcorder, they had an output from the board to the DVD/VCR recorder... i'll have to go that way. Just as i thought i had it cheap... lol

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
cookie - I think I've confused myself while reading your mission.

What is your camcorder model? You said SC-CX103 in another thread, but I can't find that model number.